Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Creative Spark wanted! lol

Hello, I'm jj. I've been crocheting for over 40 years now. I taught myself from one of those Sunset How to Crochet publications. I didn't know anyone personally (still don't) who crocheted, so some of my methods are different. No one ever told me you can't do that, so I did that! LOL My favorite medium is size 10 threads. I make everything from doilies to miniature creatures. I work in yarn, polypropylene, dog fur, rope... I create a lot of my own patterns and those I don't I seriously tweak. I just can't help myself. I look at something and think it needs long sleeves, short sleeves, no collar, a bigger collar, embellishment... LOL I'm always looking for things to spark my creativity. That's why I'm here.

2. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jj and welcome. It's nice to meet you. I enjoy meeting new fellow crafters from different places across the country. Glad you found us. If you need anything or have a question, I'm sure someone will be able to lend a helping hand. Would love to see some of your finished projects sometime if you would like to share.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Fey View Post
    Hi jj and welcome. It's nice to meet you. I enjoy meeting new fellow crafters from different places across the country. Glad you found us. If you need anything or have a question, I'm sure someone will be able to lend a helping hand. Would love to see some of your finished projects sometime if you would like to share.
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to reading some of the threads posted, looking around a little bit, getting the feel of things. I've been in one or two forums but found them overwhelming. I have a few more computer using years under my belt now so I'm trying it again. I liked the way CrochetTalk's site is laid out. It looked easier to navigate than some others I looked at. I appreciate the quick response. That was another thing I found unsettling about other forums I have been in, no one answered me! I kept checking to see if my post actually went through. I have a feeling I will enjoy myself here.

5. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Your welcome. There are a lot of nice people here. This is the place to be. If you need help navigating the site or help with anything, someone is always willing to lend a helping hand. All you have to do is ask away. Look forward to chatting with you again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jj!

I mostly crochet afghans for Project Linus including NICU size, afghans for veterans, and for the boy's home not far from us. At the moment I am working on two baby blankets for friends/relatives and then a camo one for my son. So glad you found the site and that you like it. Show us some pics of your work.

8. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jj and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I like to make tablecloths, doilies, table runners. I crochet for people so I crochet most anything. I have crocheted over 30 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here! Feel free to share in the forums if you like!