Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Crochet melt

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet melt

Hi Everyone,
    I am Sharon and I have been crocheting for a long while. I love all crochet, but have a special interest in thread crochet. I have just recently picked up my crochet work and started back after a short hiatus from crochet. I learned just how much this hobby meant to me very quickly.

Many years ago I made beaded headbands and doll clothes for my daughters and they enjoyed them. Recently my nephew's fiancee' wanted a headband to wear with her wedding gown and I showed her the old headbands I did for my girls. She liked one enough to wear it with her wedding day outfit.

As my retirement from thirty-one years of teaching neared, I wondered what I could do with my time. I didn't feel quite ready for the rocking chair. This made me think about all those headbands I made for my girls and I pulled them out, started to rework, edit, and remake them. After several years it was a difficult task to undertake, but I have enjoyed the process and look forward to doing a variety of items.

As I worked I wrote down the patterns and decided to take a leap of faith and post them on Etsy. You can find my first two efforts at www.etsy.com/shop/crochetmelt. My third headband was a special project for one of my daughters. I have made about 4 different headbands and they all looked awful to me so I just kept trying. The fifth and I hope final effort to make a special headband for my youngest daughter will be posted on Etsy soon.

I enjoy looking at all the projects, events and information on the Crochet Talk forum. This is a resource that was not available back in the early days of my crochet. I look forward to seeing everyone's thoughts, ideas and projects!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker. You make nice things!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I am very impressed with your work as well. This doily is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sharon, welcome your headbands are very pretty. I also like thread crochet and do the pokemon dolls in it, looking forward to see more of your things..have a good day..Sharon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sharon, Thank you! Do you know how I can see other's work? I am very new to this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello today! It s so hot summer here. I know there is big Theme "Pictures" at the main page of Crochettalk.com You can fond nice pictures there and show your works too. I love to make doilies == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard! It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara,
    Thank you and thanks again for helping me with the login. I have looked at several of the pictures of users work and it has been great fun to see all the wonderful things people are doing with crochet. If I have questions I now know where to go. It is great having the feeling that if I get stuck on something there is someone to go to for answers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Welcome to the forum! The headbands are beautiful!
    Huggers
    Debby

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debby,
    Thank you, I am about to upload one I struggled with for my daughter in a day or two. I was looking at the photo gallery and there are so many beautiful pieces of work to see. I just had to stop after 10 pages, but I look forward to going through them a bit a time. I am also just learning about the little animals people are crocheting, the spelling eludes me arigumui (sp?). They are so cute and it sounds like crocheters love to make them.
    Sharon