Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: New member

Post Thanks / Like

Cool New member

Hi I just joined this site. I am a 67 year old Grandmother to three grandsons. Ages 27, 23, and 11. I have three Great-grandchildren. Alexis 9, Malayia 7, and aboy 3 months old Jamison. I have two sons. I am married to my best friend for 46 years.
    We are both retired with disabilities. I love to crochet. I make baby clothes, sweaters, and dresses, and afghans. I make hats for my local hospital for new born and premie babies/ Cancer hats and prayer shawls for the hospital. Most of my things I give away to single moms or low income families I know.
    I also loom knit. I make my baby hats on those. I am working on my first graph afghan. It is of Scooby Doo. It's not the greatest, but not too bad either. Hoping to find some great boy patterns if possible. ::

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here! Feel free to share in the forums if you like!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi gjcrnc1, welcome to crochet talk so happy to have you join our group I'm sure you will love it. Sounds like you are quite busy crocheting and knitting for you grandchildren and your charities. I think that is just great! I would love to see Scooby Doo when you are finished with him. I have never dared use a graph yet!!! I need patterns and pictures are nice too! I don't think you will have any trouble finding access to new boy patterns:-) I look forward to getting to know you Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy to meet you gjcrnc1 You will enjoy yourself here. Lots of fun people. I love the way you give of yourself to those who need ....very precious gift. Enjoy yourself here and stop by often. I frequent the group Roll Call For The Night Owls/Daytime Chat Season 28, here on crochettalk,...stop by ...fun group!
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group. I have been crocheting for a year now. I love this site because there are so many wonderful people on here. i have found some wonderful patterns, gotten great tips, and met some wonderful friends. I too have disabilities and so I don't get out much so this site has allowed me to make some great new friends. Hope you enjoy it hear. It is so nice to meet you. It is so wonderful that you are making things and giving them to charities. As soon as i can get enough yarn to make them I am going to make some hats, scarves, and gloves for the homeless and also get some fleece and make some no sew blankets for them.

7. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello & Welcome to CT were glad to have you . Sounds like your very talented---graphs. Have several gals on here that do and very good I might say. See you !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. I am a avid crocheter for over 30 years. Nice to have you with us