Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Cool New Member to CrochetTalk -

About me I hate introducing myself as I never know what, or how much to say I have been crocheting for about 40 years, having started when I was a child. I actually started with tatting and lace making as the nuns thought it was an appropriate activity for a "Lady". I do NOT like tatting or making lacy stuff but, I absolutely love to crochet. I am not creative enough to make my own designs, but I love to adapt ones I do find to my own specs. In addition to crocheting, I like to knit, sew (simple stuff), do all kinds of needle point and do paper crafts. I guess that's it.

Narria

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Narria ! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Thanks Narria thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Narria so glad you joined us. Everyone on here is so friendly you don't have worry about writing to much about yourself, just tell what you want us to know and if we want to know more we will ask teeee heeee but of course you don't have to answer them do you? Enjoy yourself and post often, answer often and we will too. We are having a bit of a storm here so I am on my tablet. I am having a little trouble reading it, it is 3:50 am here. I need to go to bed soon. I won't cause you much trouble til I get to know you better. I pick on everyone but only in fun. Teee heeee.
    A friend charlye

Quote Originally Posted by Narria View Post
    About me I hate introducing myself as I never know what, or how much to say I have been crocheting for about 40 years, having started when I was a child. I actually started with tatting and lace making as the nuns thought it was an appropriate activity for a "Lady". I do NOT like tatting or making lacy stuff but, I absolutely love to crochet. I am not creative enough to make my own designs, but I love to adapt ones I do find to my own specs. In addition to crocheting, I like to knit, sew (simple stuff), do all kinds of needle point and do paper crafts. I guess that's it.

Narria

5. Thanks Narria thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you on site with us!

This is a great place to learn new ideas as well as share some of your own! We have members here who can be a great encouragement, so don't give up on the idea of starting again! Thanks for joining us!

7. Thanks Narria thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa, nice to meet you :-) I made a doily once, although it wasn't a doily exactly as it was a round lace head covering for church, but they looked the same to me. Being a kid, what did I know :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye, I actually read your message at about 4am, so you are not the only one that was up until all hours. I am looking forward to participating in the forums.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Narria,

Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio! We're glad you have joined us here on the Forum and hope you have fun looking around and meeting everyone. We especially love seeing each other's photos of their projects, so feel free to post photos any time!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Narria, what a beautiful name! I have a friend who named her daughter Nariah but I'll bet it's pronounced the same. You did a great job telling us a little about yourself. I see you are from Knoxville, we have been there many times. We have family in Chattanooga and Dayton Tn. I can't design things and would probably make a mess trying to adapt something so I just follow the patterns! I'm sure after 40 years of crocheting there are some things you can teach us! Hugs Winnie

12. Thanks Narria thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa and nice to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is made up I posted the meaning in the main forum under the meaning of your screen name.