Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

New member, Mary Butler

I am new to this. I have done some crochet and knitting in the past, but it has been a LONG time. I have started collecting patterns and really wanting to get started with this again, but I feel it has been so long that I will be a complete failure, and just can't seem to make myself start. Hope this site might inspire me.

Post Thanks / Like
    MARY I think when we are away from some thing for a long time we tend to feel inadequate until we jump right in. So just jump on something simple like
    a granny square, as one on here said you can use it for a washrag or dishrag. But you can always make several until you feel more comfortable
    and make a lap-ghan to use on cool nights to cover your legs. Or your feet while you crochet. So just jump in we are here if you need help or need a little
    encouragement. We will be glad to answer as best we can.
    BY THE WAY: I forgot to tell you welcome to our little corner of the world. We are so glad you joined us. We also have a granny square swap each month
    that you can use the squares that you are practicing on. So Think about it, you will enjoy it here so much. And everyone will welcome you soon.
    Barbara G is the moderator here and helps keep everything running so smooth. She is great and very knowledgeable. So she will be on here soon to
    welcome you and see if you need any help with anything, if you do just post a question, Barbara G. will help as will several other too, I am sure. Teee Heee
    charlye
    Last edited by charlye; 06-17-2014 at 08:28 PM.

3. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Butler View Post
    I am new to this. I have done some crochet and knitting in the past, but it has been a LONG time. I have started collecting patterns and really wanting to get started with this again, but I feel it has been so long that I will be a complete failure, and just can't seem to make myself start. Hope this site might inspire me.
    Hi Mary, I was getting ready to turn off IPad and go to bed when I saw this!! Please do not give up!! We are so happy to have you join our group and will be glad to help you any way we can. I had not crocheted in many years, just didn't have time while helping my daughter raise her sons, daddy passed away at 35yrs old! I started crocheting again last Sept because I wanted to make my daughter a poncho. Oh my I don't even know how many times I frogged row after row bc of mistakes I made but I finished it!! It looks pretty good if I say so myself and my daughter loves it. If I can do it after 20 yrs and no help I just know you can too :-) maybe you might want to start with granny squares and get into our exchange group. Just take baby steps like when you first learned!! I am soooo glad I didn't give up and even more that I found crochet talk!! Take care Hugs Winnie

5. Thanks charlye thanked for this post
    Likes charlye liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Butler View Post
    Thank you so much Winnie and Charlye. I plan to go slow and try to be patient with myself. I need to slow down some , but I still want to do something enjoyable and relaxing. Thanks agains, ladies. You will probably "hear" from me again, screaming HELP. Thanks.

7. Thanks charlye thanked for this post
    Likes charlye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary! Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new too and just get that hook out and go girl

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

hello to a new member from another new memeber!

Welcome Mary! I agree with everyone else - jump right on in & start on any easy beginner designed piece, a dish or wash cloth or flower, leaf, something like that & go for it. You will NEVER be sorry, and even thru errors you'll surprise yourself as to how fast you get better if you keep it up regularly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you on site with us!

This is a great place to learn new ideas as well as share some of your own! We have members here who can be a great encouragement, so don't give up on the idea of starting again! Thanks for joining us!

Also, if starting a simple pattern makes you freeze, then you could start with learning the simple stitches again as if you have never crocheted. I am sure in most cases, things will begin to come back to you in the process!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, welcome, welcome, we are so glad you have joined us. We are so glad you are here. I think you will be too, there are a group here so very helpful and have a lot of tips in the tip forum and are ready to jump in and help you if you need it at anytime. I have only been here since April I think and I have gotten a lot of help with all kinds of things. Hints on where to find reasonable yarn to what to do if your hook hurts your hand. I have been crocheting for over 50 years and I have taught crocheting and knitting for several of them years. I am still learning from others here. So if you have some tips please post them in the forum called tips. That is where to go if you need some too. Everyone can learn form everyone else. So thanks for posting.
    charlye

Quote Originally Posted by Gin70 View Post
    I am new too and just get that hook out and go girl