Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Post Crochet Loop Stitch / Fur Stitch baby bootie

Hello all, I spent hours upon hours trying to find the baby bootie pattern my mom made for me in 1953. I didn't realize that this pattern was going to be so hard to locate. The one and only loop stitch pattern I found was not it.
    There have been countless numbers of sites I've visited and nothing.
    Is there anyone out there who may know where I can find baby booties in a loop stitch pattern? Her loops were not over the finger or thumb, but rather small, like over a knitting needle or pencil.
    I also came across an estate sale of numerous old books from the late 40s and 50s if anyone is interested in old/vintage patterns.
    You can reach me at
    leeeeeeo@aol.com
    thank you
    Lenore

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you as a member! The only loop stitch baby bootie patterns I have found on the web are to buy. I will do some more searching. Also, other members may be able to offer some help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenore07407 View Post
    Hello all, I spent hours upon hours trying to find the baby bootie pattern my mom made for me in 1953. I didn't realize that this pattern was going to be so hard to locate. The one and only loop stitch pattern I found was not it.
    There have been countless numbers of sites I've visited and nothing.
    Is there anyone out there who may know where I can find baby booties in a loop stitch pattern? Her loops were not over the finger or thumb, but rather small, like over a knitting needle or pencil.
    I also came across an estate sale of numerous old books from the late 40s and 50s if anyone is interested in old/vintage patterns.
    You can reach me at
    leeeeeeo@aol.com
    thank you
    Lenore
    I think my Mother made these booties for my kids when they were born. She has recently passed away and I have all her old books. I'll look through them and see if she has this pattern. She has a doily started and doesn't have the pattern with it and also an afghan. I'll have to try and figure out the pattern to complete them. I've never worked with thread before either. I'll get back to you

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I've been through all the books but couldn't find a pattern for the looped crochet booties. I found one for a jacket, but the booties weren't made with loops.