Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning!!

My name is Janelle. I have been crocheting for about 20 years. I taught myself from a Coats & Clark booklet. I'm not the best, but I do ok.

I have been married for 26 years; I am a mother of 4; grandmother of 19; and a great-grandmother of 9 with more coming this year!

I just finished a scarf for my daughter and made it with the crocodile stitch. I will have to say, it turned out pretty good. It took me 4 times beginning it before I got the pattern figured out!

I am currently on disability from an auto-immune disease called Scleroderma; which means hard skin. I have it internally and externally. Compared to some sufferes, I am in decent shape; but I can no longer work.

Well, that's about it for now!!

Happy crocheting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Janelle! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I wish you good health
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Thanks craftnnut thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Larisa!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you on site with us!

This is a great place to learn new ideas as well as share some of your own! Thanks for joining us!

6. Thanks craftnnut thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Barbara G.
    Question for the group. Is there directions for the Bavarian stitch anywhere? I think that is what it is called. I really want to learn this pattern.
    Thanks,
    Janelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Janelle ! I make only doilies. You better start another topic with "directions for Bavarian crochet" theme and members will see that you are looking for and help. == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

9. Thanks craftnnut thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janelle, today is a day for familiar names! I have a sweet sister in law named Janelle she lives in Ohio. If you go to the main forum page, this page, scroll down until you see a post by Barbara G she has one asking what kind of stitch you would like to learn then you will have people answering your post trying to help you. I can't help bc I don't know it so I usually type it in the box on our home page right above "go advanced" and if it has been discussed it will be on there. Otherwise you can always google it and go look at links google pulls up! Good luck have a nice evening :-) hugs Winnie

11. Thanks craftnnut thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Janelle, If you type in Crochet Crowd, then Mikey. He does a lot of videos of stitches . I find that I can follow him a lot better than some. When I was looking at one I tried to follow him then got behind. You can stop the video, try what has been said then start the video again and find the rest of the stitch. .I am left handed so I got on about that . There is a woman that does that and she is very easy to follow ,too. You may be asked to join the group but all you have to do is give your email . He has a lot of very nice patterns that he has videos for the stitch. His name is Micheal Sellick. Margaret

13. Thanks craftnnut thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Janelle, another thought, my sis had the scleroderma in her lungs. And they said she got it from breathing in the mold she had in the walls of her trailer. She carried an oxygen bottle for many years. They wouldn"t let her fly with the bottle and she couldn"t use the oxygen of the plane. that is for emergency only. I went up there and drove her from Greeley Colo to Seattle Wash. And back.
    Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Winnie, I did end up finding youtube videos for what I was looking for-which I didn't think of before I asked the question. Lol.

And thanks also Texas! Mikey is how i figured out the crocodile stitch.

As for the scleroderma, I know what is coming, as my aunt had it also. I did a term paper on this and her and learned a lot then, not to mention telling my doc what to look for. Freaked him out because I knew before he did. I just hate all of the meds. But, believe it or not, crocheting is helping keep my hands a little more pliable than when I was working. When working, they hurt too much to crochet. I'm just excited I can still crochet at all.