Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Do you change crochet projects with the change of seasons?

Hello,

Do you change the crochet projects you are working on when their is a change in the seasons?

When Winter is gone and Spring comes, do you change the types of crochet projects you are doing?

Thanks for responses!

2. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I make a lot of afghans, in the heat of summer I usually don't like to have the hot afghan in my lap. Last summer I took a small plastic adjustable table we had at home and put the afghan on that and could still work on it. I do make scarves and hats, dish cloths and pot holders after that, any smaller projects.

I like to make doilies also, but since I have several already made up I haven't been working on them much as of late.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually do not change with the seasons. I'm one of those who likes to finish what I'm working on first. I am nearly finished with my son's afghan though. Next I am going to start on smaller items I want to make for next Christmas so I don't have big, bulky things in my lap during the heat of the summer. I'll have the added advantage of not waiting until the last minute this year!

5. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teresa-Wish I could do what you do -finish one project before you start another one! Let's see- I have 3 projects going right now!
    I don't really change the type of projects I do in the Spring and Summer. I do tend to do more thread crochet when I can be outside-where the light is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    No, not really. I'm making afghans for Project Linus (Project Linus National Headquarters) all year long.

I'm also busy making my shawls, sweaters and jackets year round. However, during the summers when the temps are over 100F here in the desert, I don't sit outside nearly as much when I work.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that since I only crochet scarves, I seem to get more ambitious when the weather gets cooler. I would like to one day try a simple, simple hat. I just haven't found one easy enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Koolgooseygramm,

Nice to have you with us. May I suggest you go to Youtube, and go to the Crochet Geek, you will find many hat crochet a long tutorials there. I love the tutorials they make everything so much easier to learn. Hope you will check them out and let us know what you think of them. I think having them to go to so great. It always helps me learn watching them.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Koolgooseygramma View Post
    I find that since I only crochet scarves, I seem to get more ambitious when the weather gets cooler. I would like to one day try a simple, simple hat. I just haven't found one easy enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    THANK YOU!!!!!! I never knew that You Tube went beyond stitches!!!!!! I can't wait to make a Hat. I will look this weekend and find a hat to work on!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Koolgooseygramma, I have a hat pattern that takes an hour to make. I made 44 of them Christmas, plus many more I have made for the newborns at a local hospital. It fits babies to adults. The pattern is by M. E. Harrington and I have Hectanooga written on the pattern. If
    you cannot find it let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Pgirsh

I try not to work on afghans during the hot months. This year may be different. I just finished a pink/white baby ghan. My grandson wants a red and black one and I have some of the squares made. For their baby he wants red, black and white. Decorating with Dr. Seuss. I am using the same pattern, using Red Heart for the adults and Caron Simply Soft for the baby, using the same pattern just taking the last row off the adult pattern. Most of the baby squares are made. I have the squares made for an every-square-is-a-different-color granny afghan, need to sew squares together. I have one more baby ghan to do by July. Just found out it will be a boy. I have an online crochet group and a member of another one and we make 7" squares. I am saving them until I have enough. I figure with 22 grands who are reaching marriage age I need to get some made but never seem to get them done until they are needed.