Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: new to crochet

Post Thanks / Like

new to crochet

Hi everyone! I am new to crocheting and actually am trying to teach myself. Any and all words of wisdom greatly appreciated!

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya slrn7188 and welcome

Videos of crocheting is great, I was making a blanket and couldn't understand the stitch, so I checked the internet and found a video on how to do this particular stitch. I also found a video showing how to arm crochet, that looks so interesting, will have to try that.

Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! This is a wonderful place with great people! Thanks for joining us and please let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    That is my ultimate goal to crochet doilies but I have a lot of leaning to do to get there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes U tube and Pinterest great sources of info!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi-welcome to CT. I have usually suggested a larger size hook (at least H ) and nothing less than worsted weight yarn for beginners. I am self taught and found I could see the stitches and the mistakes easier making larger stitches. A scarf is a good first project to get used to holding hook and yarn,also gives you lots of practice doing same stitch repeatedly and helps with your tension. Hope I don't sound bossy-this is just my own experience. All are helpful here so ask any questions you have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to crochet talk! I think it's exciting that you are teaching yourself to crochet!! Do you have any books? You can go to Amazon they have some free books and free Ebooks on crocheting. Some are patterns but others are for learning to crochet or learning new stitches. I'm sure you can find something to help you! There are so many talented people on this site I can't imagine you having a question that one of these fine people could not answer. Good luck to you BTW try something small so when you finish it you have the satisfaction that 'I made that'. Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the Amazon info, I never thought of that! Gonna look later. Yes a small project at this time would prob be best, I'll keep you posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much, I think a scarf is a wonderful idea. And all suggestions are welcome!