Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hi I love this site!

I'm fairly new and I thought I would say a little bit about myself. I live near Baltimore, MD and I love to crochet. I have been needlework since I was 18.
    I use to do crewel embroidery, but I did so many, I just became tired of doing the kits. By the way if anyone would like a kit just let me know, I have a large steamer trunk filled with kits, all you have to do is pay the postage. Anyway, I have a wonderful husband and a kitty named Toodiecat. I love traveling and playing canasta with the group at the senior center, now you know my age. lol. If anyone has patterns for capelets I really would appreciate your help in finding them. I make them for the VA Hospital, nursing homes and hospitals.
    Have a Great Day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Diana,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you! Hope you enjoy the forums as much as I have!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! I used to do crewel embroidery, and like you have a lot of unfinished items! Guess it's no longer the in thing to do embroidery any more! I found it quite boring after awhile! Maybe one of my Granddaughters will find it someday and think it's cool! Maybe that will happen to you too!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Maryjane for chatting. Your right, it's just not cool anymore. One thing that bored me is counted cross stitch. I think is looks great, but to do all that counting was just too tiring. I have a step-granddaughter, she seems to be interested in crocheting. I hope I may be able to teach her. They live about 4 hours away, so it's hard to see her that much. Have a great day! Diana

Post Thanks / Like
    Diana,
    I didn't mind doing counted cross stitch at least the crosses! What I hated was the outling everything! Now I keep busy crocheting for my 5 grandchildren, and making dolls, toys, and games to sell at Craft Fairs! I babysit for 2 of my grandchildren, and most days I'm able to some crocheting! So far I'm not bored with that! Maryjane

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Have a great day!

Hi Maryjane,
    Lately I've been crocheting capelets to sell that the Senior Center near me. This winter I did a lot of scarves and headbands. So far I only sold one. I think some of the problem is the winter has been very mild and just not cold enough to need them. I'm hoping the capelets do better as they can be used by the elderly as well as the young. As you said so far I haven't been bored yet. I don't have any children, but my husband has three sons from a previous marriage, so we have 4 girls and the newest arrival is the first boy in the family. I've sent a picture of Sofia, I hope you are able to see it, since this is the first time I've tried this.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hi I love this site!-289092_2558652323528_1170614762_3114873_1818786896_o-1-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Sofia is precious! What a great photo! How old is she? My granddaughters are 4 and 15 months. And they both have brothers-4 yr old Abby has twin brothers who are 13 months old, and 15 month old Marietta has a 3 yr old brother! I really enjoy spoiling the girls! (I was in the delivery room when Marietta was born-she's very special).

Post Thanks / Like
    Sofia will be 4 in August and her brother Mario will be 1 in April. Their mother has a natural talent for photography. She wants to have a studio when the children are in school. The children are very lucky that their mother does not have to work and that they have two wonderful parents that love them very much. I worry at times that the children will expect too much from life when they are older. They have 3 grandmothers, 3 grandfathers and plenty of aunts and uncles. My husband and his first wife are the blood grandparents and everyone spoils them so much. You are very lucky to have such a large family. I know they must keep you busy. If you wouldn't mind could you tell me what state you live in? I just thought we could share the differences and likeness on where we live. I lived in Maryland all my life, but my mother was born in Virginia and I consider that my home state. I spent all my summers as a child on my grandmothers farm. I loved being on the farm because my home was in the middle of a steel town. What a contrast between a dirty steel town and a fresh air farm near the Blue Ridge Mountains. Will, as usual I've talked too much. Take care. Diana

Post Thanks / Like
    Diana, Taking good pictures of young children is very hard! You are luck to have a good photographer! I live in Upstate New York-about half way between Lake George and Saratoga Springs! I live in the small town of Corinth. We live on a mountain 8 miles from town! I have been married for 37 years. I have 3 grown children, and as you know, 5 grandchildren! I come from a big family and we are extremely close. Family is very important to me! Most of my family live down state-but we keep in touch! My mom has 10 great grandchildren-all 4yrs old and younger! Maryjane

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane, sorry I haven't gotten back to you, just been a little busy with getting tax information together. My husband is a wonderful husband, but he only had a 5th grade education and he came here when he was 17 yrs old from Sicily, Italy. He started working at 9 yrs old to help out his mother. His father died when he was 9 months old. He only knew Italian and his Sicilian dialect when he came here. Within a year he had learned English, Spanish and Greek. You see he could only find work in a sweat shop. He pressed men's suits at a clothing manufacturer. He never had time to learn how to read and write English. So I have to do all the banking, bill paying, insurance, medicine, etc. He just thinks he can't learn these things anymore. It really bothers me because if something were to happen to me, he'd be lost. It sound like you live a in very pretty place. I've been to the thousand islands and Niagara Falls. I live in the suburbs, about 15 miles from the center of Baltimore City. It's a quite and nice neighborhood call Perry Hall. My first husband had a virus attack his heart and we could no longer take care of the single home that we had. We moved into a large condo so we wouldn't have to take care of so much. His name was Dennis and he passed away in 2000. I miss him everyday, but the good Lord gave me another wonderful husband. His name is Vincenzo (Vince in English) and he and Dennis could be brothers they have so much in common. I'm a very lucky lady to have two wonderful husbands that would do anything for me. We live on the ground floor, I have a patio and a small flower garden. Vince loves to keep busy, he is so use of working that he looks for things to do. He fixes things for neighbors, family and friends. He should have been a carpenter or electrician, he's just a good handyman. So was Dennis, we were married 27 years and Vince and I have been married for 6 years. We had been together since 2001, but I wouldn't get married until I was 60 years old, because if I did get married before I was 60 I wouldn't have be able to get my widows pension from the government and I really needed it even though I was working. I just had a birthday and turned 66, I can't believe I'm an old lady!! lol Oh! Our grandson just started walking this pass Wednesday, his mom is a busy women trying to keep up with Mario(23months) and Sofia (3 yrs old). Well I want to start a new crochet project. It's a new capelet pattern that I bought on the internet. So talk to you later. Have a great day. Diana