Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi Everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone!

Hi, Everyone! I'm Vickie and new to this forum. I bought a little booklet titled "Learn to Crochet" when I was a youngster, barely in my teens, and taught myself to crochet. I loved it from the beginning. I really like doing the more intricate patterns and I am so looking forward to learning more and more!

Post Thanks / Like
    vnations,

Hello! Welcome to the group! It is great to have you on board! Crocheting is a wonderful craft to learn!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Vickie: I tried teaching myself to crochet as a 12-year old. When I was 8 or 9 years old I watched my mother crochet beautiful doilies and I wanted to learn then. She was always too busy whenever I asked her to teach me how to do it. Her sister taught me in a few minutes how to do the basic stitches and I was off and running. I made skirts and vests with matching hats for my nieces. Much later on my cousin taught me how to read a pattern and that was the best thing. My first project was an afghan made up of lots of complicated stitches (patterns). That was in the early 80s but I still have that pattern book. The patterns are for fisherman crochet stitches like fish eyes, knurl, low ridge front, high ridge back and etc. My cousin and I worked on them together, which made it easy for me. I really should make another afghan using one of those patterns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds just beautiful!