Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Hobbies

Good evening,

What are your favorite hobbies, besides crocheting?

I like to spend time with family and friends, especially during the holidays. I enjoy my children, and we all like to read a good book together. I also like spending time learning new things, which usually entails doing some research on the internet.

Occasionally, I like to play games, such as Monopoly or Uno. When I was younger, I enjoyed Scrabble.

One day, my intention is to take some time to scrapbook. I have boxes and boxes of pictures that I desire to be creative with. They are mostly of my children!

So, what do you like to do?

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again Barbi, hello everyone,

Besides crocheting, I absolutely love baking and cooking too! I try new recipes and watch the cuisine/cooking channels I find on telly. I have been trying lately to learn HTML and wrote the contents of an eventual website but, of course, it is but in the trial phase for now. I also like playing with my daughter; she is at that age where she is discovering new things and trying to repeat words and what comes out sounds alien!

When I find some time alone I read a good book; fantasy is my favorite genre. I read to my daughter too but at the moment, she enjoys the taste of the paper rather than the storyline

Crafting is another thing I am quite addicted to! I make cards for birthdays, decorations for parties, boxes for small gifts...you name it! I thought of also trying scrap booking but never got started. If you ever decide to start a scrapbook Barbi, let me know OK?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

I also enjoy the art of stamping. I am not very good with it, but you can create cards for the holidays, as well as other paper projects. It is something that I would like to return to in the near future. I think when my youngest gets a little older, I will be able to enjoy doing some of my favorites again. She is nine, and loves to get into everything! A few of my neighbor friends with girls that age seem to do the same thing.

Have you done stamping before? What are your favorite paper projects?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi

I have never done any stamping before...to be honest, I wanted to buy so many stamps and never had enough funds for it. I love card-making though. When I find some time (hopefully this week itself) I will post some pictures of cards I made (most of which are for my husband - I made lots for others as well but never managed to get a picture of them).

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

I am an avid reader and movie watcher. I also enjoy gardening in the spring and summer and cooking. We live in a rural location and raise a few goats and chickens. Along with the dogs and cats, we have plenty to keep us busy. I do a lot of food preservation including canning, dehydrating and freezing. If we don't grow it ourselves, we try to buy it locally and preserve what we need for the year. All in all we stay pretty busy. Crocheting is a nice break from all that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    I am an avid reader, knitter. I garden out of necessity, keep those darn weeds down. I like to make preserves, like green tomato relish, then I give it all away. We have a dog and a cat, they both love to go out in the garden. Our cat is an indoor one, but she loves to get out and eat the sweet grass, so here I go with a cat in a harness and leash walking around the back yard, it does have its upsides, I get to cut her nails and brush her outside which is a blessing. Keep all that hair outside. But alas the winter time is terrible, have to brush her in the basement. I think I got off the subject a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like knitting, reading, and walking. I also enjoy baking and cooking, as well as playing games. In terms of crafts, I also make cards and jewelry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like we got lots of hobbies in common Nellie! I enjoy a good book too, unfortunately, 'The Redemption of Althalus' is still waiting patiently to be finished and I am simply overloaded with work and the rest and can't find the energy to read or the time at the end of a long tiring day. Maybe I will try to catch up a bit during the week-end.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a bookworm since the day I learned how to read. I remember my parents' reading me stories before I fall asleep. And when I learned how to read, I would spend a lot of time reading the same set of books again and again. The Chronicles of Narnia made me a certified bookworm. It was my first set of books when I was 9 or 10 and I would read each book every summer after I got the set. I stopped reading Narnia "yearly" once I started to study in the University but I enjoy reading Narnia every now and then. Now with EBOOKS making life easier (no more lugging around tons of books! LOL!) it really has set my love for books on a whole different level! I can now read.. WHEREVER! LOL. Yeah, I love reading books. It is my window to different parts of the world and dimensions. I just finished reading "JUMPER" (Yes like the movie) and THE HUNTER GAMES. I love reading young adult books and classics.

My other hobbies are - writing, blogging, chatting on the net, posting in forums, reading Manga (Japanese form of comics), and watching movies. All this besides CROCHET and other needles and thread related activities.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have so many interests that it's hard to say! I love to write, watch sci fi, ghost or haunted shows and movies, read on the internet, play facebook games, spend time with my husband, travel, music, sing. I also enjoy finding recipes and meal planning, budgeting, saving money when I shop, organizing my home, and just about anything and everything you could possibly think of! I don't like to be bored or lay around doing nothing. If there's any free time I am always looking for something to fill it!