Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Best/Safest way to ship & get paid?

Sadly, I am going to be selling a lot of my pattern books, pamphlets, old magazines & the like. Once I get everything cataloged/listed and posted, I'd like suggestions on the best way to actually sell them? I have everything from hardcover books to late 70's magazines, photo copied patterns from my Granny in the UK, some well over 30 years old.. a complete set of 'Annies' doll of the month from the 90's done in thread, tons of doll patterns for 16" dolls.. loads and loads of afghan books.. I have a LOT of patterns. All very dear to me and I wont let them go cheap, they are worth a great deal to me and will bring someone a great deal of joy. Any suggestions on how the right way to sell them would be greatly appreciated. Have a peaceful Sunday and Thank You in advance. Cheryl

Post Thanks / Like
    In terms of shipping, I've always used USPS, first class. So far it's been fine - nothing has gotten lost. Some sellers offer an upgrade (insurance, faster service) for a fee. As for getting paid, I always use Pay Pal. They charge 2.9% on the entire purchase including shipping plus a thirty cent service charge. I suppose you could also accept checks. Just make sure you say that the item will be shipped after the check clears. Now for where to sell. This one is tough. You could sell on ebay, but I'm pretty sure your prices would have to be low. I sell on Bonanza (3.5% or 50 cents commission - whichever is higher - on selling price only, no listing fee). My opinion is that any site you sell on you will have to promote, promote, promote to get people interested to go to your store, so just understand that this is going to be a real effort on your part to sell these items. (I didn't start seeing any real traffic for about 6 months, and that was after really hitting the social media and keeping it up.) Now for pricing. It's obvious that these items are precious to you, but you need to search the web and see what similar items are priced. There are people that do sell vintage pattern books and if worse came to worse you might be able to sell your stash to one of them, but I'm sure it would be for much less than what you'd like to get for them. Do your research and then make your decisions. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you receiveed my PM?
    Shaddy
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    I sell lots of crochet and other needle arts patterns (among other things) on Ebay. I usually get paid through Paypal and use Ebay's shipping service which means I print the postage on my home printer and have the Postman pick up the packages from my home. I really enjoy it.
    -Jennifer

Post Thanks / Like
    Gal, if you really want to get into this, do as the others have indicated, if you just want to sell your things, and move on, then follow my PM, and let me know your thoughts.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Cheryl,
    Why are you selling your items when they mean a lot to you? Are you moving?
    Jean