Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from South Carolina

I joined the forum a few months ago and have lingered in the back ground until this past week when I posted a couple pictures. My husband and I retired (I am 64) and moved to Conway, SC in Oct. 2012. I am originally born and raised in Lake Co.,OH and lived there until our move to SC. (Lake Co. is east of Cleveland, right on Lake Erie, BRRRRRR) - very happy living within 20 - 30 minutes of Myrtle Beach.
    I learned to crochet as a child and made many gifts throughout the years. This year I thought I would sell my items at craft fairs locally, since this area is very big on festivals and craft fairs. But have decided I don't want to go that route, so will try e-bay and possibly setup a webpage on one of the craft sites.
    I crochet at least a couple hours per day, most often 5 - 10 hours. It is so relaxing and I love the feeling of accomplishment with a beautiful baby dress or shawl.
    I am currently working on a Pineapple Swirl Runner for a lady. She has ordered 4 doilies and these are the frist ones I have ever made. Coming along nicely.
    Nice to meet all of you -
    Ruth

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ruth. It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa. I make doileis especially filet ones
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Ruth, it is great to meet you. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful work. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work with us.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and well from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I have crocheted for over 30 years. I don't have a shop but I had business cards made and when I go some where there take some for me and if they want something they call me sometimes I am real busy and then some times I am not. I tried crafts show shows but they want a lot of money and you really have to sell a lot to make out. I make tablerunners. tablecloths, doilies and baby item and misc items

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! Nice to have you as a member here in the crochet forums! Please make yourself right at home here! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I am not much of a fan of social media or message boards, HOWEVER I relly enjoy all of your photos of projects, questions and suggestions.
    You are all a super bunch of ladies.
    thanks again,
    Ruth