Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: SherryM

Post Thanks / Like

SherryM

First time posting. I love to crochet. I knit too but find crocheting faster. I taught myself crochet. The hardest thing to do was figuring out how to hold the hook. I have tons of patterns and enjoy even just looking at the patterns. I've scanned most of my patterns onto my computer so when I travel I have the patterns at my fingertips. Patterns that I especialy like I laminate them. I get on a kick where I'm in crocheting baby clothes mode, or doll clothes mode, or afghans, scarfs & mitts mode. I'm a truck driver with my husband so when we're waiting to load or unload I'm crocheting. My grandson wants me to teach him to crochet. He was 6 years old, I told him maybe when he's 9 I will.

2. Likes blueeyes68, AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sherry welcome aboard, Pinterest is another place you can save your patterns to. Just make a board and when you find something you like just Pin-it, it fun, you save a lot paper a lot. Hope you will enjoy being a part of CT. Have a blessed day.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to have you here on the message boards! Please pull up a chair and make your self at home here - this is a wonderful group of people we have on site! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to our wonderful and friendly group. It is great to meet you. We are excited that you are joining us. Look around and enjoy.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi SherryM,
    Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio! We're all glad you have joined us here on the Forum and hope you have fun looking around and meeting everyone.
    Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome SherryM hope you like it here. There is allot of info you can find here on CrochetTalk. I have not been on it for a while because I am hurting but I use to knit but fine Crocheting is my thing. I have made lots of nice things. I belong to a club called Annie's Hooks and Needles Club. I have tons of Patterns also and just love to scan the internet for new patterns. Yes I even joined Pinterest and found lots of nice patterns there also. You take care

Post Thanks / Like
    Sherry, do you have a route that you travel all the time or go where the loads go? I wanted to get on the road with a truck driver, but I had 2 teenage girls at home and there was no way I could do something like that. My youngest was always getting into trouble so I had to keep an eye on her. My husband was working in construction and wasn't around much. I was driving courtesy car for a Cadilac company and this gal came in one day and said she owned a rig and was looking for a driver. She was a cross country hawler . I had been driving a dump truck so I had some idea about the gear changing .It didn't have near the gears that a big rig has but it would have been a starter. Teach that grandson the starters now then go with patterns when he is older. Like you he will keep the beginnings till he is older then if he is still interested go with the other directions. I taught a grand daughter to make a chain with her fingers last year and she asked me at the Easter family get to gether if I had a hook and some yarn she could have. Hope you enjoy the group, there are a lot of nice people on here. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. I am a avid crocheter for many years. Glad you joined us