Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Introduce Myself

Hello to my fellow crochet family. My name is Jayne and I took up crocheting back in 1995 doing granny squares. I was taught by a very dear friend who she and I shared something very much in common. We were military wives together and had lots of time to find projects to keep ourselves busy! Over the years, I have made numerous blankets for my children as toddlers, teenagers, and now as young adults. I have made baby blankets for neices and nephews and now it is time for a blanket for my first born grandson. The trouble is, I put it down for years and forget how "did I do that"...I am so excited to find this forum and learn new techniques and new ideas so that I can go back to crocheting more often. Hope to meet many new friends along the way, happy crafting to one and all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi welcome to Crochet Talk so glad you have joined the group. I had put crochet down for some time too forgot how much I enjoyed it! How nice that you can now crochet for your grandson I'm sure you will love that. There are such cute baby things and even toys to make. Looking forward to getting to know you! Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Winnie, nice to meet you. I am very excited to get my granny squares together. I have had them done for almost 1 year now..lol. I am going to single crochet them together, and looked at a couple video's to remind me on how to do that. I shouldnt have any problems. Maybe you could help me though...do I pick up the front and back stitches only, then yarn over? I learned to crochet by watching someone else years ago, and that someone is miles away and no longer in contact with me. I want to learn to do other projects now with crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to have you here on the message boards! Please pull up a chair and make your self at home here - this is a wonderful group of people we have on site! :0)

5. Likes AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. I have crocheted for over 30 years. If you need help just ask and someone will help you

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much AudreyL. Nice to know..I seem to ask a lot of questions lol. I am an on an off crocheter...I learn by watching others...never was taught to read patterns. My mother taught me sew, and I ask for help when it comes to reading patterns. As soon as I get my table runner completed, I will finish my aphagan (granny squares), and get serious about trying other projects in that dept. I am interested in trying something with the popcorn stitch and tanisian (sp.?) technique. We'll see where the forum takes me and the demonstrations. Nice to meet you Audrey.

Post Thanks / Like
    HI there! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

New at Crochetting

Hi all you knitter and Crocheter LOL
    I am from Ft. Myers FL.
    I do crocheting trying to get back in the swing of things. I'm looking for a good easy pattern for a slough beanie hat. You might know that is what everyone wants for x-mas.
    Thank you so much can wait to get started
    Owieta

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Owieta ! I make only doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

Just checking in to introduce myself

Hi all
    I actually joined last year sometime and for the life of me I don't know why I haven't posted much. I have been looking at all the great posts and the wonderful pictures you all share of your projects. Thank you for sharing those with us. It is very inspirational.

I live in Washington State. I am 59 years young. I am not sure about celebrating any more birthdays because for the first time in my life, I am not too thrilled about hitting this huge landmark in my life. My Mom was 39 until she died at age 69 so I may have to start following in her footsteps. Ha

I am looking forward to sharing with all of you. I don't know if I should say you girls, because I am sure there are gentlemen on this site as well, so I guess I can say you all when addressing my posts to "you all".

So happy Spring is here so I can put my gardening gloves on. I was happy to see alot of posts in the off topic about gardening. These are my too favorite hobbies, crocheting and gardening.

12. Likes findme_findlife liked this post