Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Smile pattern and stitch information

Hi I'm new on crochet talk -- but happy to be a part of this. I'm looking for a pattern for a papillion scarf which uses a butterfly stitch

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Flo,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is nice to have you as a member. Here is a papillion scarf which uses the butterfly stitch:

Papillon Scarf: A Free Crochet Pattern | Number 19

Post Thanks / Like

Try this partern

I just joined today and oddly enough I saw this scarf and saved it to my word file folder. Here it is: I hope i'm aloud to do his.

Papillon Scarf: A Free Crochet Pattern
    by Number 19 on January 15, 2012
    Papillon Scarf

This is a free crochet pattern for a scarf. It is made with simple crochet stitches, so it is a beginners project.
    Papillon is the French word for butterfly. For this scarf I used the butterfly stitch, where you crochet 3 rows of chains together with a single crochet. This gives a special effect, where the chains spread out mimicking butterfly wings.
    The scarf is meant to be a decorative scarf, since the big holes will not give any warmth. The mercerized cotton gives a nice shine to the project and it is also thick enough, so the project works up fast:-) This would be a perfect gift, when you have to crochet something in a short period of time.
    Materials
    Yarn 4 skeins Drops Muskat, #13 Marine Blue, 100% mercerized cotton 50g – 109yards/100m.
    If this specific yarn is not available to you, you could substitute it with yarn that has some silk in it. Choose a yarn that is a little stiff and gives a good stitch definition.
    Hook 4 mm US: G/6
    Tapestry needle
    Finished size
    Width: 4 inches Length: 75 inches.
    Pattern
    Chain 16
    Row 1 Chain 3, 16 double crochets across.
    Row 2 Chain 3, 2 double crochets, chain 6, skip 4, 3 double crochets, chain 6, skip 4, 3 double crochets.
    Row 3 As row 2
    Row 4 Chain 3, 2 double crochets, chain 3, 1 single crochet that crochets row 2,3 and 4 together, skip 4, 3 double crochets, chain 3, 1 single crochet that crochets row 2,3 and 4 together, skip 4, 3 double crochets.
    Continue working row 2,3 and 4 until you reach the desired length.
    Last row: 3 chains, 16 double crochets across.
    Cut yarn and weave in ends.
    Below you see the charted version of the scarf:

Note: This pattern is written with US crochet terms.
    If you are not familiar with these, see my conversion chart Crochet Terms in US, UK, German and Danish.
    If you don’t know how to read crochet charts/diagrams read my Tutorial how to read Crochet Charts.
    Feel free to leave a comment, if you have any questions about the pattern.
    Look for more Free Patterns on my blog.
    Have a friend who crochets? Share this free pattern with the Facebook or Twitter buttons below.

Copyright 2012 Birgit Tüchsen. All rights reserved. This pattern is intended for personal use only. Photocopying or reproduction of this pattern is not allowed in any form including electronic. It is not allowed to sell this pattern. It is also not allowed to sell items made from this pattern. All text, images, graphics and other materials on this website are subject to the copyright and intellectual property rights of the owner.
    Morna Hespelein #
    I found the same mistake. It should read chain 3 instead of skip 4. I am making the scarf and it works out the right way with the change I made.
    February 18, 2012
    CHRISTINE REARDON #
    Hello. Shouldn’t row 4 read: ” chain 3, 2 double crochets, chain3, 1 single crochet that crochets row 2,3 and 4 together, CHAIN 3, skip 4, 3 double crochets, chain 3, 1 single crochet that crochets row 2, 3, and 4 together, CHAIN 3, skip 4, 3 double crochets”. I believe you forgot the CHAIN 3′s that I wrote in capital letters.–I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello blsteiner,

Thank you for your help - when you go to the site link which is the same link in the above thread, it states at the bottom of the page:

Copyright 2012 Birgit Tüchsen. All rights reserved. This pattern is intended for personal use only. Photocopying or reproduction of this pattern is not allowed in any form including electronic. It is not allowed to sell this pattern. It is also not allowed to sell items made from this pattern. All text, images, graphics and other materials on this website are subject to the copyright and intellectual property rights of the owner.

Just to let you know - unless you actually own the pattern, we can only add resource links due to copyright issues.

You are not in trouble and we are glad you are here! If you don't mind, there is an edit button below your post where you can edit the post and remove to pattern instructions. If you need additional help, please let me know. :0)