Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Newbie here!

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie here!

Hi everyone!

My name is Maple & I've been crocheting, knitting & sewing since I was 9 years old.
    I'm a 54 (soon to be 55) yrs old housewife, going to be celebrating 30 yrs anniversary in August and I have a 37 yrs old son. I also have 3 (dogs) fur babies...the smallest weighing in at 6lbs (pom/ch mix) and the heaviest at 27 lbs.(spaniel/terrier mix).
    Thank you for accepting me in your group!

Maple

Post Thanks / Like
    Maple9,

Welcome to the group! We are happy you decided to join us! Congratulations on your anniversary and upcoming birthday! What are some of your favorite crochet projects you work on?

3. Likes Maple9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I have 3 WIP. One is a vintage doily, the other is a sampler afghan and the last on is a reproduction of a vintage drawstring hand bag that I saw at our local museum. I do prefer working the doilies though and I like certain challenges. I'm just starting to learn how to filet crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Maple9,

Welcome to this wonderful forum, we are glad you joined . My name is Patti & I also love to crochet & was blessed to learn at the age of 6 from my Mom & Grandma & have loved it ever since. I want to say Congratulations to you & your husband on celebrating your comming anniversary of 30 years. I too will be soon celebrating my 29 year anniversary in April of this year as well. We are so Blessed!!! Isn't it special to be able to share so many memories & special times with the same person for so long. I was very lucky to be able to share all these years with my High School Sweetheart turned Loving Husband & have 2 wonderful children Victoria & Patrick & now I am a very proud Grandmama to both my Sweet & Precious Grandaughters Jenny & Lilly (from my daughter). I hope to have more Grandbabies in the near future from my son. I hope that you will share your finished projects with us & keep us up to date on what your currently working on as well as what you plan on making in the future as I love seeing everyone's work, I find it inspires me & gets me finishing up other projects to start on new ones. I am currently in the process of packing & getting ready for a big move, so I find being able to crochet in the evenings after a long day of packing really relaxing. I hope you have a wonderful day & that I hear from you so we can become close crochet buddies. Your crochet friend Patti