Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  52
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Hours spent crocheting

Good evening,

I am interested in knowing how many hours each week that you spend crocheting. I know that when I am working on crochet projects, I can spend many hours working on a project. It is very relaxing to me, and the down time allows me to clear my thoughts.

Why do you crochet? Do you like to take time each evening to crochet?

How much time do you take on average for the week?

2. Likes sbrown0062 liked this post
    My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barbi, hello anyone who will read this,

well, it depends on what other activities I have to do for the week but on average, I'd say I spend about 3 hours nowadays while I used to spend as much as 10 before I became a mum. Being a first time mum is quite an experience...you have 3 kids and you still find time to crochet; I admire this!

Crocheting is indeed a relaxing hobby. I used to be very impatient and practicing crochet has taught me to be patient and that at the end something beautiful awaits me! It is one of the reason I crochet; I can make decorative products like doilies, key chains, little coats for my baby as well as booties, mobile phones and camera pouches...and many more things.

I would love to take some time each evening to crochet but unfortunately I don't manage to do so every single day...Instead I crochet (or read) when baby sleeps for instance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barbi and Others,

I don't get to crochet every day because of our busy lives. I usually crochet when I sit down to watch television. I have several shows I watch each week so that would put my crochet time total at about three to four hours each week. That can change if I am working on a project with a deadline such a something intended as a birthday or Christmas gift.

My reasons for crocheting vary. I have found most people enjoy the gift of something booth homemade and useful. I find great satisfaction in giving those kinds of gifts. Sometimes I give gifts from my kitchen, too for the exact same reasons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

I do think that giving homemade items is a great thing, especially if they are useful to the individual. Otherwise, they create a wonderful item with centimental value.

My crochet time right now is very little. I hope to take more time here in the near future. Starting back doing some smaller projects, I think will be a great idea!

What has been each of your favorite crochet experiences? When I learned to crochet with my mother, it was some of the most memorable times in my life! How about yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi

Yes, I learned to crochet the same way, although it was my Grandmother, bless her soul. She used to crochet with thread, table cloths, doilies, and of course afghans, etc. She also taught me to knit. I have a feeling that a lot of these skills will be lost in the next generation. Neither of my daughters know how or have any interest in either craft.
    Misty

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all...
    My mother knew some crochet before myself but I did not really learn from her; I taught myself online with free courses. It was fun that way and very rewarding.
    My best crochet memory and experience is a giant doily I made for my dining table when I used to live in the Netherlands with my ex-boyfriend. It took me an awful lot of time because I was inexperienced but it was very satisfying to see the end result take shape in front of my eyes with every round I finished!

What kind of thing do you crochet? what are your fave items?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    I love to do dish cloths, it keeps my hands busy and I can watch TV at the same time. One of the main reasons that I like crochet over knitting is that if you make a mistake and have to start over you don't have to pick up stitches and hope you got them all. I also do hot pads which are easy a great for the table.

Bye for now

9. Likes taral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My crochet time varies week to week, depending on what's going on in my life. Sometimes, it seems like I hardly have any time at all. Other times, I really want to work on something and that's all I do. Now that my kids are grown, it's much easier to get away with doing that.

I just love reading everyones comments. It seems like everyone has such good ideas for their projects and it's giving me quite a few more ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually crochet or knit everyday while watching T.V. for a couple of hours. I find it very relaxing and I like to keep my hands busy even when I'm sitting down! I tend to work the fastest while watching hockey, or when under a deadline to get a project completed to give as a gift.

12. Likes taral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, I don't have a regular "crochet" time. I only crochet when I don't have internet (LOL! I know..) or don't have access to internet, when I'm not at work, or when I'm not with my friends. So in other words, my crochet time is erratic and not premeditated. I can safely say though when the urge to crochet hits me, I do crochet time on a weekly basis. But with the holidays coming up, I need to rush my crochet projects that I will be gifting to people so I guess I will/should increase my crochet time. But then I have to sacrifice one of my activities for that (meaning my internet time!) Oh the dilemma! LOL. If I could only crochet and be online at the same time, that would be perfect! LOL!