Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: New to Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Red face New to Forum

Hello to all. I just wanted to say Hello to all, and introduce myself. It is nice to see so many crocheters all in one place. I have recently gotten back into crocheting after a fairly long break. I have gotten interested in creating plarn and reusing the plastic for crocheting. I also use (reuse) t-shirt materials for crocheting bags hats etc. I have also gotten interested in stuffed toys. I am currently working on Paddington bear that a young friend of mine was wanting. I have recently inherited a lot of yarn that I am sure to find many uses for. I am not yet retired, so I fit my hobbies in where I can. I look forward to sharing information with you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Recycbaglady,

Hello, welcome to the forum, I just recently started this forum myself & it is nice to see all the crocheters here in one place. Everyone here is so nice & helpful so I am really enjoying this as I'm sure you will also. I haven't tried using any of the methods you had mentioned but would like to some day. I hope you enjoy your time on here & we have time to become great crochet buddies. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day & I hope you find lots of time to crochet. your crochet friend Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Recycbaglady,

Hello and welcome to the forums! It is a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy the forums as much as I have! There are alot of wonderful people here that love to crochet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Patti, It is nice to hear from you - what a warm and special greeting. I like trying new things all the time, I tend to flit from project to project. I am very lucky if I get anything actually finished. lol I usually can finish for a special deadline tho. You sound very knowledgeable with the crochet. I crocheted for several years and then put it away for a few more years. I wish my fingers were as nimble today as they were then. I didn't appreciate the gift I had. I was given some yarn when my Mom passed last year. She loved crochet, and did very fine work for as long as she could. She did all the patterns for a series of fancy vintage ball gowns with the pinafores and crinolines and the highly decorated dresses and ornamentation. Amazingly beautiful. I have a lot of her cottons, but I don't think my eyes are up to doing such fine work . Hence the working with the plarn, bigger to work with, and it uses up a lot of plastic that sooner or later would end up in the landfills. (the crochet goes fast too) I also like the look of it, I am still on my first project but I have a lot of ideas for future projects, and am collecting embellishments etc wherever I find them. I'll post a pic when I am done, as I hope you will do as well. What projects do you like working on?
    Leslie

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! I sell crocheted things a Craft Fairs. And this year I added recycled things. As soon as I get a big crochet hook I will try crocheting with things other than yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, That's great. Maybe we can get a recycle group going. Start saving your plastic bags, I've got friends and family etc. all helping me collect bags and discarded t shirts. The colored ones are a treasure!! What kind of recycle things are you making ?
    Thanks for the kind welcome Maryjane.

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm making things that can be reused-swiffer covers, dish clothes,coasters using old CDs, etc. I have made a few newspaper baskets for display purposes. And now I'm experimenting with soda can tabs! And plarn is next on the list!

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post