Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: harborvuer.

Post Thanks / Like

harborvuer.

I am very happy that I found this site. I taught myself to crochet many years ago . It was a little frustrating at first as I am left handed and the instruction book was written for a right handed person. I did overcome that hurdle and have been crocheting for over 60 years and loving it every minute. Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group harborvuer! Hope you'll share some of your projects with us! We all love new ideas and reminders of older ones, making a comeback again. Take care!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Harborvuer, Glad to have you on with the group. I too, am left handed. My mother knitted and crocheted but when I wanted to learn she said she couldn't teach me. There was a sweet old lady living next door and she said she could. So all that summer I got up , got dressed and went to the house next door. She also taught me to cook. But I learned that the directions say to make 1dc in each of the next 4 sc. So I make a dc in each of the next 4 sc. It doesn't say to make them right or left. If you want to try left handed directions, Mikey Selick on The Crochet Crowd has a video for left handed people. I tried it but it only confused me. So I stay with the right handed directions. He also has a lot of patterns that he would do for left handers. If you get a chance show us some of your work. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to have you here on the message boards! Please pull up a chair and make your self at home here - this is a wonderful group of people we have on site! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I am a avid crocheter myself. It is a great way for relaxing