Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Yarn needle threader

I am very disappointed that I made the trip all the way to Michael's today mostly for one of the lighten crochet hooks and they were out. It is over an hours drive from my house too. However I did find one of Boye needle threaders like one I got years ago. It is wonderful for working with yarn, each end has a metal hook on it to pull the yarn through the eye of the needle, which is something I have problems with from time to time.

So if anyone else has this problem keep your eyes open for this, it's well worth the price, .99.

Judi G

2. Likes Evelyn9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Thanks for letting us know! Appreciate it! Sorry to hear you did not get the lighted hook you were looking for. :0(

Post Thanks / Like
    You can purchase all of the Crochet Lite hooks right now at Joann's online
    Clover The Crochet Lite Crochet Hooks-MANY SIZES : crochet hooks : yarn & cross stitch : Shop | Joann.com
    and they are on sale as well.

Sometimes its easier to save the gas and purchase online!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi joann.jimi,

Have you used the needle threader? I love mine and I am glad to have a spare one now. I put a drop of brightly colored nail polish on both sides of my first one when I kept finding it on the floor and couldn't hardly see it. Then if it does fall off the table I can spot it easier.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by joann.jimi View Post
    It is over an hours drive from my house too. However I did find one of Boye needle threaders like one I got years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi. I know the feeling of waiting until I have a list of things I would enjoy from Michael's only to finally get there and they don't have them. I have started using the internet to shop. There are times where even with shipping the item is less expensive than the cost of gas, the cost of the item, tax and your time to go to Michael's. Only problem no instant gratification. Try this site: Craft supplies, scrapbooking and sewing at discount prices -- CreateForLess. It is a wonderful site for discount brand name needlework tools. Another site is Shoppers Rule. Good but not as user friendly. And finally believe it or not Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more has great prices on just about any tool you can think of. Enjoy your quest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooops! forgot to mention Clotilde and Nancy's notions. Lots of great stuff but usually with a little effort you can find them somewhere else for less.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks arlette1013, I wrote them down and will check them out. I guess I am rather old fashion and still love going into a store to see something before I buy it, but not much choice when you can't get what you are looking for.
    Thanks again,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by arlette1013 View Post
    Hi Judi. I know the feeling of waiting until I have a list of things I would enjoy from Michael's only to finally get there and they don't have them. I have started using the internet to shop. There are times where even with shipping the item is less expensive than the cost of gas, the cost of the item, tax and your time to go to Michael's. Only problem no instant gratification. Try this site: Craft supplies, scrapbooking and sewing at discount prices -- CreateForLess. It is a wonderful site for discount brand name needlework tools. Another site is Shoppers Rule. Good but not as user friendly. And finally believe it or not Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more has great prices on just about any tool you can think of. Enjoy your quest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love going to the store and playing feely touchy with an item I want and sometimes seeing it in person I find I don't want it. But as an in home caregiver for both my parents I don't have the luxury of shopping only to find that I have nothing to show for my time. So the internet is my new best friend. I still don't buy fabric on a regular basis from the internet though on the two occasions I have I have been pleased. But gadgets are fun and sometimes you find things you had not even thought about. Have fun learning to shop on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find I prefer to shop on the Internet for many things. I live in a rural location and getting to town or even farther to the craft store just doesn't happen very often. I am not excited about buying yarn on Internet though because I find the pictures of the colors are not always true. When the yarn arrives it is sometimes a bit different than the photo indicted. Still, when you can't find it any other way, I guess the Internet is a blessing.

11. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started stocking crochet hooks in the yarn shop for precisely this reason! People couldn't find what they were looking for.

If there is enough interest, I'll start stocking other notions as well as long as my suppliers carry them.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

13. Likes Judi Gums liked this post