Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

What are you working on today?

I find it gives me a lot of inspiration to hear about others projects and am wondering what others are working on today.

I am working on an other lapghan, I am finding I love this pattern. I first did 3 rows of HDC, then the Seed Stitch for several rows, then back to the HDC for 3 or 4 rows, and back to the Seed Stitch again, ending with 3 HDC rows.

Seed Stitch is simply-----
    *HD in first stitch, SC in next*, and continue across the row. Your rows will alternate ending with either a SC or the next row will end in a DC.

Second row, you will alternate the opposite st over the previous row. (If you used a SC in the prev. row then you will DC in the second row)

I only ch up 2 for the turning chain to the next row when my first st will be a DC. When the first st is to be a SC just chain 1 as normal. This has given the edge such a nice solid edge and doesn't need any border on it.

I may try using a triple crochet then the SC to see if I like it that way too.

Seed Stitch makes a nice fabric that doesn't actually look like crochet, but not exactly like a knit stitch either.

If anyone needs better instruction on this st you can go to Youtube for a tutorial.

If you try it please let me know how you like it.

judi g

2. Likes Heide, thehippyhooker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi,

I did start a scarf for my daughter the other day while waiting in the doctor's office. But since I have been back home, it is still laying in the bag I took with me. :0(

Maybe I can get back on it very soon and post a picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on my son's "ugly" afghan. He chose all the scraps I have in blues and yellows. I am just doing rows os single crochets so that it has a nice tight weave for extra warmth. We plan to use these as out watching tv blankets. I have so many projects on my to do list - most are things I've heard about this this group so I can't wait to finish these up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

I am ready to get finished doing lapghans for a while and I will probably make a few more hats and scarf sets to donate to the homeless shelter. But I have this afghan only about 1/3 the way finished.

Theresa L, I love the ugly afghans. A lot of times they turn out so much better then we expect when we start them. I have a basket weave afghan that I use for TV and it sure looks like it. Poor thing is getting rather worn looking, but I love it, it is nice and warm.

I have my grand kids home from school today for a teachers work day, so that means I won't get as much accomplished today.

Barbi, what stitch are you using on your scarf?
    Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm new to this forum but am hopeful that someone can help with my lap aghan from Annies Attic... the project is entirely crocheted in the slip stitch pattern...the problem is the pattern's instructions are not helpful...called Annies twice without any resolution...the aghan in this stitch is beautiful...hope someone can help me..thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lindaz,
    I haven't tried that stitch but may I suggest you check youtube under crochet tutorials and see if you can find your pattern there. If you don't have any luck finding what you are looking for you may find a close stitch that will work for you.

I hope the will help you. And welcome!
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by lindaz View Post
    I'm new to this forum but am hopeful that someone can help with my lap aghan from Annies Attic... the project is entirely crocheted in the slip stitch pattern...the problem is the pattern's instructions are not helpful...called Annies twice without any resolution...the aghan in this stitch is beautiful...hope someone can help me..thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lindaz View Post

Hello,

Here is a thread on Crochet Talk about slip stitching which may be helpful. There is a direct link to a video as well on this type of stitch. Hope it helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on an afghan for one of my "newly acquired" granddaughters. The main color is actually Red Heart's Melonberry, a variegated various pinks, lavendar and gold. I am alternating rows of solid color yarn in the colors in the variegated. It is a big granny square and so far it is really working out nice. I say "newly acquired" because my son recently married a lady with five girls and one boy, and he has custody of his young son. I got all their birthdays and favorite colors and they all want one of "Grammy's blankets". Oh, my son and his wife also recently gave me another granddaughter who is two months old. She has a new hat that has heart shaped ear flaps - also "Grammy" made!

10. Likes cbb1225 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    SweetMagnolia - How wonderful your family is growing like that. I have only one grandchild right now and I love her to pieces but I'm looking forward to more. I love the heart-shaped ear flaps. It sounds adorable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on things to sell at Spring Craft Fairs. I do mostly crochet things for children-games, toys, etc. Today I am making finger puppets-one is ducks with a "pond" to swim in-very cute!