Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15

Post Thanks / Like

New member introduction

hi, my name is Dorothy, I am an 80 year old crocheter and knitter. I spend most of my time doing the above. At the moment I am mostly crocheting. I am housebound now and my wonderful son Doug. Looks after me. Thank goodness my youngest son Dave got me an iPad which keeps me in touch with the world. I have another son who is the oldest but we don't see him as he lives far away.
    My life is wonderful I have so much to be happy for. I didn't mention that Dave comes up every week end and does cleaning and visits.
    I just recently got back to crocheting after quite awhile. I have just crocheted granny squares afghans and rectangular afghans. Now, I have spread my wings and am doing much more. I am busy learning new methods and am a member of The Crochet Crowd where I have been learning leaps and bounds with Mikey. I am happy to join your forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dorothy, it is great to meet you. Welcome to our wonderful and friendly group. We are excited that you are joining us. I am also a member of The Crochet Crowd and I have learned a lot watching Mickey's videos. Look around and enjoy.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

3. Likes determined_to-crochet, dopeys79 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dorothy! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Nice to meet you and glad you joined us! Please make yourself at home, take some time to look around, and also let us know if you need help with anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    hello Dorothy Just got back from 2 day Getaway for my 74 th Birthday so just saw you have joind. Happy to meet you and anytime you need any help or just want to say hi, check our Forms and drop in. Hugs & dont be a stranger. Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi dopeys79. Nice to have you with us. I have crocheted for over 30 years and I find it very relaxing. Nice you have your sons to help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey dopeys79 welcome to crochet talk---you are in my age group I crochet but tried knitting but it didn't work out---i find crocheting and plastic canvas to be easier----you have a good day

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dorothy! You are so full of joy! You caused me to smile. Welcome to the Forum. I'm so glad to meet you. You are so blessed to have such a loving family. God bless you.(((Hugs)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi dopeys79, Was just scanning CT forms thought of you. How your Sunday ? Its 54 at 7:30 pm so its wonderful, sun out most of day. What are you making now? Are we ever going to see Pics of your GK's. I hurt my hand thank you it was my left so I can still crochet slowly and rest periods. Have a Great Week ahead & HUGS. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dorothy and welcome to Crochet Talk! I also am a member of the Crochet Crowd and watch a lot of Mikey's tutorial videos. I enjoy both knitting and crocheting and I keep stiving to learn more techniques. Your sons sound wonderful and quite helpful! It is a pleasure to meet you!
    Again, welcome to the forum!
    --- Sharon

12. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post