Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb This is Catnapper from Arkansas

I have made about every craft there is along the way to my old age. I mostly do crocheting now as I can be in bed and do that. Instead of a craft room I have a yarn room. I have to stay busy, that is my nature.

I have a question though. Sometimes when I do something round, like hats my connecting rows are not straight. I have tried all ways to correct this. Any answers out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Catnapper, it is great to meet you. Welcome to our wonderful and friendly group. We are excited that you will be joining us. Look around and enjoy.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

3. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    hiya catnapper, I found these sites for you.. Some are videos and some are articles.. I hope this assists you... Also, W/C 2 CT.. It's very nice 2 meet U. If U have any questions, pls. do not hesitate 2 ask. It would B my pleasure 2 assist U... Teresa

How to Keep Crochet Edges Straight | eHow

Crocheting In The Round: Keeping it all straight!

6. Likes determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Catnapper and welcome to Crochet Talk from Arizona! I would so enjoy having my own yarn room! Lucky you!
    Again, welcome to the forum!

8. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I am not too good at learning new stuff on the computer. so I hope this goes to you in AZ. The reason I have a "Yarn" room is when we were snowed in a couple of times this Winter, I got hooked on ebay shopping. My mail man didn't like me very much as I was getting boxes and boxes that wouldn't fit in my mail box and he had to walk to the door. I did try and catch him to save him the walk sometimes. Now I figure if I make 2 hats a day and live to 159 years old I will still have yarn to pass on. Hope there is no more snow. Might have to have my kids block me from ebay shopping. I did learn what I needed to know from your suggestions. Thank you very much. Catnapper

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Nice to meet you and glad you joined us! Please make yourself at home, take some time to look around, and also let us know if you need help with anything!

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya catnapper, Gotta love Ebay, what would we do without it..LOL Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Catnapper, with the vast amount of yarn that you have, you could crochet sampler afghans and practice many new techniques! I envision many different projects in your future! Enjoy creating!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, no more afghans. I must have made at least 50 thru the years. 10 for family members. I have been a member of a craft association for at least 30 years that will take things on consignment. I finally gave away the last 2 afghans away for a drawing they wanted to do. The things that I sell best are baby things, hats, scarves, head bands, bows. Odds and ends of little things. Most are my own patterns. I go on a kick and make bunches of one thing then I go to the next project and do the same. My very first crochet attempt was a granny afghan when I was 15 years old when wool yarn was the only thing you could buy. (still have it) and have made 4 others using Orlon or Polyester . Like to make the squares, just hate joining them.
    When I can figure out how to post pictures I will include some items. Thanks for your reply.

14. Likes teresah liked this post