Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Just joining today!

Hello to everyone on CrochetTalk. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was around 6. I have made a few things for years, but last year I decided to crochet hats for cancer patients. In honor of my mom. She passed of cancer in 2009. So I am starting a foundation called Crochet for Carolyn. I made my first deliver this past week to our local infusion center. I just hope it puts a smile on someones face. I crochet hats, coffee cozies, etc. The coffee cozies help patients that have cemo treatments because their fingers hurt with hot items. I plan on making delivers every 4 weeks. If anyone has any ideas that you think a patient would like please just let me know. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

2. Likes N/A, blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello acornwell42, it is great to meet you. Welcome to Crochet Talk. We are very excited that you are joining our wonderful group. Look around and enjoy meeting some really great people. Sorry to hear about your lose. It is really great what you are doing in her name. There are a lot of people that also crochet items to donate.

Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to put my 2 cents in and say hi and welcome.
    A Smile is a gift to be shared daily.

Post Thanks / Like
    WELCOME to CT Group. Join in and ask if you need advice, help with pattern etc. Glad to meet you. Im from Mpls, Minnesota
    Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to have you here on the message boards! Please pull up a chair and make your self at home here - this is a wonderful group of people we have on site! :0)

Here are a few threads in the forums which may be useful:

http://crochettalk.com/pattern-reque...-patients.html

http://crochettalk.com/links-resourc...hemo-hats.html

Post Thanks / Like
    hi acornwell42. welcome from Pa. I am a avid crocheter for over 30 years and find it very relaxing. Glad to have you join our group of very friendly and helpful people

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya acornwell, W/C to CT.. It's very nice to meet you.. If there is any thing I can help you with, pls. do not hesitate to ask... Teresa