Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hello!

My name is Heather and I just joined. I am excited to meet all of you and learn from you! No one I know crochets, so I never have anyone who understands my yarn obsession. I will try my best to be active, but if I am ever silent for a while, it's because I have a four year old who demands almost all of my time and energy. It's what they are good at, isn't it.

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya GeekyChick, Yes 4 yo little ones do love and need your attention...There isn't a required amount of time that you must be on. It's a very friendly place and you come on at your convenience. It is very nice to meet you.. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Heather, it is great to meet you. Welcome to Crochet Talk. We are so excited that you are joining our wonderful group. Look around and enjoy meeting some really great people. If you have any questions we will do all that we can to answer them for you. I know what you mean about kids demanding a lot of your time. We are rising our grandson and even at 6 years there are times when I have put off crocheting until he goes to bed. My youngest child is 21 so it's been awhile since I had to rise a baby. Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Heather! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

5. Likes GeekyChick3000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello Heather! I am Larisa doily maker
    Oh, I LOVE doilies! I really wish I could do something like that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Doilies for ever!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Heather and welcome to Crochet Talk! I really like your avatar! Those are really large/long knitting needles!LOL!
    Again, welcome to the forum!

9. Likes blueeyes68, GeekyChick3000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by determined_to-crochet View Post
    Hi Heather and welcome to Crochet Talk! I really like your avatar! Those are really large/long knitting needles!LOL!
    Again, welcome to the forum!

Thank you! I LOVE my avatar. I am trying to learn to knit and was having a hard time with it. I was ready to give up and a friend sent me that to encourage me. I figured if Mr.Spock can do it, I have to keep trying. It would have be completely perfect had he been crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk! We are excited to have you here as a member! Please feel free to share with the members about your crochet adventures, or if you have any questions! This is a wonderful group of people we have on site! Thanks for joining us!

12. Likes GeekyChick3000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyChick3000 View Post
    Thank you! I LOVE my avatar. I am trying to learn to knit and was having a hard time with it. I was ready to give up and a friend sent me that to encourage me. I figured if Mr.Spock can do it, I have to keep trying. It would have be completely perfect had he been crocheting.

Mr Spock obviously learned to knit from his mother as his father was Vulcan!LOL! I both knit and crochet.... I learned to crochet 3 years ago and then 6 weeks later, I took a knitting class. My instructor informed me that since I learned to crochet first, that I should learn the Continental style of knitting, because the yarn is held in the left hand. If you do not have someone to teach you the Continental Style of knitting, I recommend this website: How to Knit | KnittingHelp.com
    After I learned to cast-on, knit and purl, I used the above website's video tutorials to learn much more!
    ---- Sharon

14. Likes teresah, GeekyChick3000 liked this post