Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hi my name is Lindagayle,

I am new, and I do some crocheting. I am looking for a certain pattern if some one can help me. I saw a bag made from plastic grocery bags and it was crochet, they said it was cut in strips and done that way. Has anyone ever heard of that, or does anyone have a pattern. Thank you for your help.

2. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I make doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

4. Likes lindagayle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk! We are excited to have you here as a member! Please feel free to share with the members about your crochet adventures, or if you have any questions! This is a wonderful group of people we have on site! Thanks for joining us!

Here is one for you to look at:

Reusable Crocheted Grocery Bag | AllFreeCrochet.com

If you need more ideas, please make a request here:

Pattern Requests

6. Likes lindagayle, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to crochet talk. Lindagayle

8. Likes lindagayle liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Barbara, TY for posting the site.. Teresa

10. Likes lindagayle liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya, lindagayle, Welcome to CT.. I would like to tell you that you on on a site with very friendly and helpful members..With that said, if you have any questions, please allow us to assist you.. Enjoy crochet talk... Teresa

12. Likes lindagayle liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi lindagayle, Welcome! I'm pretty much a newbie myself, but so far, I'm really enjoying it.
    Lealismamaw

14. Likes lindagayle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lindagayle View Post
    I am new, and I do some crocheting. I am looking for a certain pattern if some one can help me. I saw a bag made from plastic grocery bags and it was crochet, they said it was cut in strips and done that way. Has anyone ever heard of that, or does anyone have a pattern. Thank you for your help.
    Hi Linda,
    I used to crochet with plastic bags. Take the plastic bag and flatten it on a table or counter. Fold the bag in half lengthwise and in half again. Cut 2 inch strips. Cut off the handle and the end of the bag. Each strip is a loop. The loops are looped together to form a 'yarn'. Our church made mats for people in Haiti so they don't have to sit on the ground. I helped make these. We had to use a 'N' crochet hook. It took a lot of plastic bags to make one mat. I don't remember the size of the mat. We made mats for adults and children. I can ask about the size if you want; I might be making them again too so I would need to know the size too.
    Jean Marie

16. Likes lindagayle, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Jean Marie, I have seen those done, but never tried it.. I bet they come out pretty nice... Teresa

18. Likes lindagayle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lindagayle, it is great to meet you. Welcome to Crochet Talk. We are very excited that you are joining our wonderful group. Look around and enjoy meeting some really great people. Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

20. Likes lindagayle liked this post