Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your Help.

Thanks for your help. I will get use to this site in time,I'm not that great on computers,but I'm learning. Been doing more crocheting now that I'm laid off I love making things in thread. to frame. Looking for a filet of a family like a mom,dad and 2 kids (boys),also looking for an old pattern,I know it's out there somewhere in someones book stash.It is called "The Chicken Breadbasket" I have been searching for years for this pattern I lent my book out back when I was young and stupid,and never saw it again, The pattern is in a craft book (not solely crochet) as on the opposite page is a sewn turkey. The book is a Fall /Winter book. The pattern is crocheted,and fits over a basket or bowl,the wings lift up to expose 2 holes on both sides so you can get to the rolls or cookies inside. The pattern is in color and the tail is done in a ripple crochet the chicken is crocheted onto a brown basket looking that slides over the bowl or basket. It is all crocheted togather,I use to make these for the holidays with homemade cookies inside and everyone loved them. The book is either a Woman's Day .Womans Circle,or Womans Household.the year would be between 1978 and 1983 I would believe more 1978 or 1979. Please if anyone can help me with this pattern I will buy the book,I want this pattern soooo bad.Well back to crocheting while hubby watches the super bowl.He's a Giants fan.Making a colored doily for hanging with a flag and God Bess America on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Woman's day book of Weekend crafts: more than 100 quick-to-finish projects - Houghton Mifflin Company, Woman's Day Editors, Woman's Day--Eds. of - Google Books

This book, The Woman's day book of Weekend Crafts, was published in 1978. Is it by chance, the one you are looking for?