Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Newby with question about reading patterns

Hi. I'm from California, and have been knitting for about 3 years now. Also started doing some (self-taught) crochet probably a year ago. I like both. But I find it confusing to read the crochet patterns at times. I hope to find some guidance on this site for this.

I retired about 2.5 years ago, and started out to learn to quilt. But when I looked at the cost of a sewing machine, I was not thrilled. Since then, however, I'm sure I've spent the cost of that (only $500 or so) machine at least 4 times over in yarns, needles, hooks, patterns, & a few classes. But I'm really enjoying it. Not sure if I'll ever get to the quilting... maybe when I get bored with yarn work (??).

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe! I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site! We've all run across patterns that are confusing. If you ever get lost on one post it and we'll help you out. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here. Hope you enjoy it.

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Sid, Can you explain where you are having difficulties..? May be if you post me or do a message to my inbox, hopefully I will be able to assist you..
    Also,
    Please let me welcome to this wonderful site..
    The members are very friendly as they are with assistance. I hope you enjoy yourself here on Crochet Talk.. Teresa[

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard Sid569, I'm from California as well, I have been crocheting for over 34 years and I love it, have not been able to grasp knitting no matter how hard I try I think it's the two needle thing. lol I have also tried quilting but have not been able to complete that yet either, I took a class a few years ago completed the top and then my mother had some major surgeries and I had to take care of her, have not been able to go back and find out how to finish the darn thing it's for my daughter and it's very pretty so I need to get it done. Where are you in California maybe I can help, I love reading patterns it's the only way I can crochet, lol Good Luck to you
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk! We are excited to have you here as a member! Please feel free to share with the members about your crochet adventures, or if you have any questions! This is a wonderful group of people we have on site! Thanks for joining us!