Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
    Post Thanks / Like

Howdy, from Texas

I'm a military brat, military wife and retired after more than 20 years from the Air Force. Guess that makes me a triple threat. I reckon that's why my motto is "Don't start with me. You will not win." I enjoy crocheting. I've won a few awards with my crochet. One of my first memories is being in my Great Grandmother's lap with her hands on mine guiding the hook and the thread. I also enjoy knitting, painting, photography, and anything else that crosses my path and is "crafty."

2. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welome to crochet talk ivonova

4. Likes Ivonova liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Ivonova.. Why do they say "military brat" I always wanted to know that reason.. I have many members that are career military and some retired. I enjoy some of their stories.. I always wanted to be a career Air Force person, but then life happened.. Also, I would like to welcome you to CT. It's very nice to meet you.. The members here are very helpful and extremely friendly.. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.. I hope you enjoy Crochet Talk as much as I do... Teresa

6. Likes Ivonova liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure why they call them "military brats." I doubt that military children get into near as much trouble as their civilian counterparts. Their moms and dads see to that. I guess it is just tradition. I actually wanted to join the Marines but at the time (early 73), BAMS (Broad Assed Marines LOL) were clerk/typists, cooks, and drivers. Yuck. The Air Force was the first branch to allow women into traditionally all male jobs so I joined up. I was 27 and bored out of my mind. I worked for a major construction company as a "Ground Safety Engineer" which means I took the OSHA check lists around to the job sites and caught the violations before OSHA did. One day I realized that I didn't remember driving to work or to the first construction site...running on AutoPilot. Needed a change...boy, the Air Force changed me LOL

8. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy right back at you, Ivonova from a former resident of Bellmead and Big Spring. My father-in-law is from Denton.

Welcome to Crochet Talk!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

10. Likes Ivonova liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Ivonova, I have to agree with you.. My brother is retired Air Force and his children are awesome.. I know about Osha that's for sure.. Being a nurse, we saw many of them... Teresa

12. Likes Ivonova liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Ivonova, it is great to meet you. Welcome to Crochet Talk. We are very excited that you are joining our wonderful group. Looking forward to seeing any of your projects. Look around and enjoy. Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

14. Likes Ivonova liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I make doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

16. Likes Ivonova liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk! We are excited to have you here as a member! Please feel free to share with the members about your crochet adventures, or if you have any questions! This is a wonderful group of people we have on site! Thanks for joining us!