Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Jmn

Post Thanks / Like

Jmn

How do you keep the chain on the hook if you are in the middle of a row and have to put the project down quickly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

If I am working on a pattern and have to put the project down, I leave my hook in the project. If the project is not crocheted too tightly, I place the bottom end of the hook through part of the project as well (hooked in two places). I try to stop at the end of a row if possible - somewhere I will know where I have left off. I also place my work somewhere so that the hook will not get knocked out of the stitching. If I have just had to flip my work, I place the crocheted item with the side up I am to start working on. Hopefully, I have explained myself okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi!
    When i'm doing crochet, what I do is take the chain out of the hook and pull out the yarn to have a bigger chain. I do a kind of slipknot (easy to take out when needed) and I put the hook in my ball of yarn.That ways the project do not rip off by itself the knot prevent that. However if your doing afgans crochet you cannot to that in the middle of your row. I hope my explanation was clear ennough to understand and help you a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool keeping hook from falling out when you have to leave the project immediately

thanks girls for the tip - I will try them both out soon.