Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Etsy & PayPal

Post Thanks / Like

Etsy & PayPal

Can I sell on Etsy with a different method of payment than having to use PayPal? A money order, or MoneyGram, for example?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hobbies View Post
    Can I sell on Etsy with a different method of payment than having to use PayPal? A money order, or MoneyGram, for example?
    I don't really know the answer for that, Rogue Hobbies. I recall wanting to purchase something at Etsy last year and couldn't use my preferred credit card, so it was "sayonara' to Etsy for me. I'll spend my money elsewhere!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

3. Likes missro007, Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I read something recently that Etsy was adding another way to pay, but I don't know if it is running yet. Can't you email the shop owner to find out?

5. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rogue Hobbies, I did some research (Google search using "Etsy payment" as the search words) and found that each individual shop owner has the option of deciding how they want their prospective customers to pay. They can set their payment plans to accept credit cards, etc. So I guess I happened upon one who would only accept PayPal.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

7. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Rogue Hobbies, I did some research (Google search using "Etsy payment" as the search words) and found that each individual shop owner has the option of deciding how they want their prospective customers to pay. They can set their payment plans to accept credit cards, etc. So I guess I happened upon one who would only accept PayPal.
    I just went in to check, and I didn't see the money order option before! I am now able to accept money orders for payments, thank you so much for your help!