Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Earflap hat with hole in top for ponytail

Hi people I am sort of new at this blogging stuff, but I do have a question, I have a niece that wants an earflap hat with a hole in the top that she can put her daughters' ponytail thru but also close it and I was thinking about making that part drawstring but first I need to know how to start the circle. Sorry, I guess I should intro myself first, live in Fl, widow taking care of my Mom loving on my seven grandkids.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome,

It is nice to meet you! Here is a crochet pattern for a beanie with a hole for pony tail. You could add ear flaps to it:

CrazySocks Crochet: CROCHET PATTERN - Ponytail Beanie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tricoates
    Welcome to the forum. Hope you find everything you need here. I have just finished an aviator hat with ear flaps and I think I would be able to start a hat where a ponytail could come through but, other than having a drawstring, I would not know of any other way to close it.

Post Thanks / Like
    what about crocheting around a small elastic band or elastic somehow...

5. Likes Patti Hale liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Earflap hat with opening for ponytail

Thanks for making me feel welcome, I think I am going to like this. I already have the pattern and I am going to try it but I will probably use that one for myself. I am going to try the ponytail holder and use the drawstring, But thanks guys and I will post a pic when I finish it. But let me tell you, I live in Pensacola Fl and the weather is sooo crazy on Sunday night it was 27 degrees and today it is 73. It makes it hard to crochet these types of hats when they will only use the about once a month. But I like to do it so what can I say.