Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

New Member and looking for a pattern

Hi, my name is Melissa and I am a new member but new to crocheting as I learned when I was about 8 yrs old from my Aunt Orlean who is no longer with me. Anyhow, I am looking for a simple (if there is one), Men's sweater for XXL Men and above. If anyone out there has one even if it is intermediate, I would love to get it! Thanks so much and thanks for having me in this group!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

It is nice to meet you! On this resource page, there is a Big Man's Sweater which may work:

Crochet Pattern Central - Free Men's Clothing Crochet Pattern Link Directory

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I have seen that one but it is not large enough as I need one for a XXL or even XXXL and I don't know how to make this Big Man's pattern larger for the people I need to make it for.....Can any of you help me in increasing the size of this pattern?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Depending on the hook required, increasing the hook size will help some. I have researched for larger patterns and this was the only free one I can find. I will continue to look. Others will be checking in at different times as well. Thanks for your patience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi and thanks for the hint on the larger hook size, I may try that but you know I have even looked for a Big Man's XXL sweater for a price but can't seem to find one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have not personally made any sweaters before. I do know that if you increase your chain stitch for hats, you will increase the circumference of the hat. I am sure there is a way to adjust a sweater pattern up, but unsure how to do it properly. I do not know if you would use the same principle.

Hopefully some of our more experienced crocheters will see this thread and give us some more ideas on this. I did find a site with plus size crochet patterns for women, but not mens clothing. Thanks for your patience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again,

If we could find a pattern which is desirable, I do not why you could not double, triple, or quadruple all the steps to keep it uniform throughout the pattern. For example, if it says to chain 50 and you want to quadruple the pattern, you would chain 200 instead. Keeping the same multiple throughout the pattern as compared to the original.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is an article which gives you some ideas in how to increase your gauge and pattern:

How to Make a Plus Size Crochet Vest | eHow.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Barbi, I will try that! I have never been taught to expand a pattern that didn't already have it written in the pattern unless it was for liek a hat or something small like that. Thanks for your help!!