Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to site

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi my name is Carolyn or nannie. I just joined this site today. I took a home ec class in high school which included learning how to knit and crochet besides
    learning how to sew. I did not take to knitting although I do crochet nothing fancy. I sew handles on kitchen towels that are cut in half and then you can make to towels with handles on them. I did not do anymore crocheting when I got of school. When I had quit working to stay home with the kids the girl across the street got into crocheting again. I do enjoy it now. I am here in Kentucky where it is freezing cold!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Nice to meet you and glad you joined us! Please make yourself at home, take some time to look around, and also let us know if you need help with anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carolyn and welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nannie44 View Post
    Hi my name is Carolyn or nannie. I just joined this site today. I took a home ec class in high school which included learning how to knit and crochet besides
    learning how to sew. I did not take to knitting although I do crochet nothing fancy. I sew handles on kitchen towels that are cut in half and then you can make to towels with handles on them. I did not do anymore crocheting when I got of school. When I had quit working to stay home with the kids the girl across the street got into crocheting again. I do enjoy it now. I am here in Kentucky where it is freezing cold!
    Nice to meet you Nannie....
    I knit too but prefer to crochet. I think it goes faster and easier to read the patterns. It is freezing cold here in Central NY State. We have been as low as -19 with windchills around -36...I suppose most of us are in a deep freeze. Had to bring the cats in....one is 14 years old and could not risk him being out side in this cold. They are barn cats but still too cold for him anyway....
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com