Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Halloween Afghan

Halloween Afghan-halloween-afghan-jpg
    This project took me a year to complete but there were periods when I didn't work on it at all. It remains one of my favorite pieces some 8 or 9 years after I made it.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Theresa! I'm impressed! You must have invested a lot of time and effort in this magnificent artwork...I love it.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa,

It looks like you did a great job! It would have probably taken me much longer! LOL

Are you planning any new Halloween projects for this year, or next year?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. Yes, it was a lot of work. I posted in another thread that I have never tried a pattern of my own. I think I am going to try a variation on this pattern but instead of a witch, I'll use a giant orange jack-o-lantern on a black background. I'm thinking of purple for the side panels but haven't decided on what image to work in. I'm sure it will take me a ear as well. Stay tuned.

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice! i love the attention to all of the detail. how long did it take you to make?
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Halloween Afghan-halloween-afghan-jpg
    This project took me a year to complete but there were periods when I didn't work on it at all. It remains one of my favorite pieces some 8 or 9 years after I made it.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is very nice. It looks very well done, must have taken a lot of patience

Post Thanks / Like
    LibertyLady64 - Thank you! It took about a year to complete that afghan, not that I worked on it everyday or anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!! it definately is a work of art! I would want to put it on the wall so everybody could see it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    WOW!! it definately is a work of art! I would want to put it on the wall so everybody could see it!
    Thanks Maryjane! It only comes out of storage for October and it gets draped over a chair no one usually sits in! I'm afraid if it really got used it would be destroyed before long (house full of men here)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is a beauty what crochet technique did use? It looks like Tunisian? You must really love Halloween.