Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

What's your favorite time and place to crochet?

It is dreary and drizzly at my house today. Looks like a good day to crochet to me. Hah.

That made we wonder where and when others favorite time is to crochet.

A lot depends on if I am learning a new pattern off the computer or need better light, then I am at my desk. Other times I am watching TV in my recliner with my feet up. But I have been know to carry it around with me when needed.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Judi,

Usually, I do my crocheting later in the evenings. I am more alert and the kids are usually settling down some. Although, I have taken my crochet with me traveling at various times of the day.

I usually do my crocheting at home in my bedroom away from the hustle and bustle of the kids, so I can concentrate. Three children with visiting children tend to get a little loud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi,
    I too have three kids in the house, but mine are grand children and are getting a little older where they can take care of themselves most of the time. I find when I crochet it helps me to get away from a little of the noise from them. I have to work on my repetitive patterns around them more, not ones I have to do much close concentration on though. For those I am in my own room where we have our tv set up with our chairs. We share our house with our daughter and kids and have tried to work in separate areas for all of us. That's about the only way for us all to keep sane....lol.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a 'favourite' time to crochet as long as its not first thing in the morning. I usually try to do at least 6 - 8 hours each eday. Where? If I'm at home, I'm curled up in my recliner chair with the tele on. Otherwise its in the car, at an art festival, at the mall, or where ever I happen to be! I carry a project with me at all times.

I'm usually working on something for the shop or a custom order. If not then its a blanket for Project Linus.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

5. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I work full time, my favorite time is in the evening while I'm watching tv, it may be in my bed propped up on a pillow or in my comfy recliner in the living room. All depends on whether I have orders to complete or am getting ready for a craft fair, too! I've been known to keep my yarn and hook with me in my car and some lunch breaks I catch a few rows on a project. It's a little slow right now,
    Sandy in Illinois

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to crochet whenever I get the time, but as I get older it seems I do better when the light is good. My eyes just aren't what they used to be. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Evenings when my husband & I are watching tv, after the kids have gone to bed. I also do more crocheting in the winter. We don't have air conditioning and summer is too hot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is 'when I'm awake' a suitable answer?!?

10. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet in the afternoons and evenings while sitting in my recliner with my feet up. Hubby and I are retired, so we spend quiet evenings together. I also keep my current project in my kit and take it with me whenever we are going more than 20 miles from home. We travel some, so I always have the current project ready to go and a back-up project in case I finish the current project. Just finished a sweater for my 4-year-old granddaughter and got it mailed off, now working on a baby hat with hearts for ear flaps for my newest granddaughter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to crochet - I carry my project everywhere - it is wonderful to do while waiting in doctors offices, or while having tests done, mostly at home sitting on couch with feet propped up

13. Likes Judi Gums liked this post