Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hello from Salt Lake City.

Fibromyalgia prevents me from working outside of the home. On good days I create and make things. I crochet, sew and create jewelry. They say people should buy American made products. I think that should include hand crafted items. I am trying to market my items but seem to be having some difficulty. I want to be able to supplement my husbands income. Any ideas would be welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello ladybug1,

Welcome to the group! It is a pleasure to have you on board! We do have several members who sell their crochet items. Some of them should be checking in soon. I am sure they will give you some additional insights!

I know a few of them sell at craft fairs and a few are familiar with etsy online! Glad you are here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello in Salt Lake City from Illinois! My son and his wife and twin sons live up by Hill Air Force Base where he is in the air force. I started my own business last year selling my crocheted hats and have done several craft fairs and sell from my home. I don't make tons, but I did make enough to cover my Air Line ticket to Utah a couple times and was very helpful around Christmas time. I started a Face book page and that was a little slow in getting likes but it has helped my business grow. Just have confidence in your abilities and if people like your stuff, they will buy it! Just know that if something doesn't sell well the first craft show, it may the next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I'm in ME but have family in SLC & Ogden. Have you looked into Etsy? I have a neice & several Twitter friends that sell from there. I tried but I'm not that computer savy & it made me crazy(ier?). I live with 24 birds, 6 cats & 2 dogs. I have also tried to sell things at a small farmers market. Now I just send things I make to my family. Maybe let us know how you do with your business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladybug1, I am 66 and belong to a senior center in my area. They have a shop that sells all handmade items. I have given them a number of items to sell and have made a little money. The only thing is you have to be 50+. I new to this site and I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing. Hope you receive this message. Diana