Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Mrs

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Mrs

Hello!

This is my very first post. I am not new to crocheting, but I am having a new great-granddaughter in April and need to crochet a blanket. Any ideas will be appreciated. Needs to be simple and quick. I had a hard time getting any downloads from free crochet. That site was almost the end of me last night. Maybe I'm just plain dumb????? Hope everyone on the forum has a good day

Sally

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sally and welcome to the forum! There are a lot of free patterns on: Lion Brand Yarn Red Heart Yarn | Yarn, Knitting Patterns, Crochet Patterns and http://www.raverly.com These site require a free registration to download patterns. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, here is a favorite baby blanket pattern. It's on someone's blog, with great pictures and instructions, as well as the pattern.

You will have to copy and paste just the instructions, so you don't have to print out the whole blog pages. Here is the link:

Kenzie’s Ultimate Ruffle Edged Crochet Baby Blanket w/ Tutorial! | Everything Your Mama Made & More!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    HI and welcome to our site congrats on the new addition to the family I just finished a very simple zigzag baby afghan for my great nephew that is due in Feb I have to mail it to my sister in law Monday to make it to the baby shower in time here is the pattern

Easy Ripple Afghan - Free Crochet Pattern - Handcrafting With Love
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! We are glad you are here with us! Thanks for joining us and please make yourself at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    HI and welcome to our site congrats on the new addition to the family I just finished a very simple zigzag baby afghan for my great nephew that is due in Feb I have to mail it to my sister in law Monday to make it to the baby shower in time here is the pattern

Easy Ripple Afghan - Free Crochet Pattern - Handcrafting With Love
    My goodness, MsBhaven, that is the very first ripple afghan I ever made, about 10 years ago. It is still my very favorite ripple pattern! The copy I printed out to use all those years ago is dog-eared from so much use. It's a lovely pattern!
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    My goodness, MsBhaven, that is the very first ripple afghan I ever made, about 10 years ago. It is still my very favorite ripple pattern! The copy I printed out to use all those years ago is dog-eared from so much use. It's a lovely pattern!
    that tells me it is a timeless pattern I had fun making it and I think it is now my favorite ripple afghan to make .
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

9. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    that tells me it is a timeless pattern I had fun making it and I think it is now my favorite ripple afghan to make .
    I like that it is double crochet, so it goes pretty quick, and also, the way the pattern is written, the points of the ripple are very distinct instead of just "wavy".

I usually just crochet in the back loop only, and it gives it a nice rib effect on each side which defines the ripples.
    Annette

Dalai Lama