Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

New Member Contest - If You Join in January 2014 - Please Participate & You Can Win!!

New Member Contest - If You Join in January 2014 - Please Participate & You Can Win!!

This contest is just for you! Here is how you can get your name in the drawing:

1. Join the forums in January 2014 - those who have already joined this month can still participate.

2. Post an introduction here in the Introduce Yourself Section - does not have to be long - just tell us a little bit about yourself! We would love to meet you! Please create a new thread in the section - thanks!

3. Make 10 posts in the forums by the end of January 2014 - ask questions, post comments, add pictures - what ever info you would like to add! Posts must be made in the main forum - main, intros, buy/sell/trade, general chat, pictures, links & resources, and pattern requests.

How do I know if I have made 10 posts? When you view your name to the left, it will show the number of posts you have made in the forums.

Your names will be entered into a spreadsheet for the drawing. Each name will have a number (1,2,3, ect). I will use on online random number picker to draw the contest winner. The contest ends on January 31st.

Have fun and if you have questions, please post them here! Looking forward to meeting each of you!

Attention Guests: If you would like to join the forums and you have issues with the registration process, please feel free to use the contact form to send a message of the issue along with the user name you would like for the account. I will be glad to set you up an account for the forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's always nice to have a contest after the holidays! Sheri *¿*

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to the site. I have had problems with carpal tunnel and had my right hand done many years ago and just had my left hand done last year and finally no can get back to crocheting with no problems. I am a grandmother of 4 with lots of free time now grand kids grown. Always anxious to try new patterns.

5. Likes SdLb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SKEETER View Post
    I am new to the site. I have had problems with carpal tunnel and had my right hand done many years ago and just had my left hand done last year and finally no can get back to crocheting with no problems. I am a grandmother of 4 with lots of free time now grand kids grown. Always anxious to try new patterns.
    Hello and welcome! I am copying this post to the intro section as a separate thread as well, so other members can welcome you to the site!

7. Likes SdLb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

hello!I am new to this site. But I am on the knitting forum. I like to knit and crochet. Prefer knitting though. I guess it really depends on the project. So thanks for having me!
    Last edited by dhoffer; 01-15-2014 at 08:19 PM.

9. Likes SdLb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, am newish to this site. I am so busy right now that I have not the time to be Online for long, just to check my Emails and quick responses. I am an avid crocheter by heart. I have a little dog and 6 mutt cats that are Grandma rescues. I live in a remote forest area near a Lake. I became widowed at a young age. My daughter and family live 2hrs from me so meeting times are generally lunch. Meaning, There's been no time to find out if any of my 4 grand kids take to the craft. I am an early riser and a late to bed person. Right now, I am in the process of making mug warmers (cozys-2), towel toppers, and I belong to a PotHolder Exchange. The Warmers and toppers are of my own origin. I "borrowed" an idea for something else then went clear into left-field for the mug warmers and PotHolders of this month. I have pictures but NO CLUE as of yet, on how to post them to this site. I am barely able to figure out how over on my Ravelry page. So far, I have ONE picture and that's of a vintage PotHolder for the last Exchange that I joined. Thank YOU for the updates, I enjoy joining in as often as I can! Sheri *¿*

Post Thanks / Like
    SdLb - hope you will enjoy the time you can spend here. Drop in when you can and let us know if you have need of anything! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank YOU so Very Much! Right now I am waiting for the phone company. The automated recording said Jan 24th!!! Thankfully, I have a Service tech's phone number, as now that I am on report, he'll be out here almost immediately. (I hope). Thanks for the well-wishing! I'sa appreciatin' it! Hugs again, Sheri *¿*

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, I am located in Georgia and have been crocheting since I was 6. My grandmother taught me the basics. I have two boys and my oldest has three children. I have now retires, so I can spend my time doing the things I really love. I can't wait to be a part of this com
    munity. Thanks all

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymac View Post
    Hi everyone, I am located in Georgia and have been crocheting since I was 6. My grandmother taught me the basics. I have two boys and my oldest has three children. I have now retires, so I can spend my time doing the things I really love. I can't wait to be a part of this com
    munity. Thanks all
    Hello new people! I am NOT a newbie but just a NOBODY wishing everybody a BIG WELCOME ! Barbara is our moderator and a very good one and she will do any thing she can to help you get started as you will find out. I have had problems at times getting back into the forums after problems with my computer several times. She has been a big help to me ! Thanks Barbara! Hey Barbara! I followed your advice and I now go the my MOZILLA search site on the internet to sign in and so far have had no problems getting right into Crochettalk.I was having problems when I went into CT from my E-mail. I love Crochettalk !!! redhead/Patty

16. Likes Barbara G. liked this post