Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Missouri.

Hello everyone,

My name is Lynne and I live in Caulfield, MO, USA.

I've been crocheting, thread and yarn, for about 10-12 years. I like making afghans/blankets, doilies, snowflakes and some baby clothes. Right now I'm doing samples for a baby blanket for our grandson, Archer, who is grandchild #10 for us (My husband Robert and I).

We've been married for 10 years and have 6 children between us and we just had our 11th grandbaby, a boy. So I'll be making him a blanket when I'm done with Archer's.

I like to read, listen to music -- 70's Christian music and Christmas music, and walk.

I have fibromyalgia, FMS, and chronic fatigue syndrome, CFS, which makes life interesting at times.

I'm a Christian and adore my Jesus and my relationship with Him.

I'm looking forward to being on this site.

Cheers,

Lynne

2. Likes dancingbaehr, blueeyes68, teresah, AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynne and Welcome to our wonderful group
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynn,
    My name is Linda and I also live in Missouri in Springfield, it is nice to hear from another Missourian who i can chat with.I love to crochet.Usually I do scarves,
    afghans,potholders,and blankets and I also try prayer shawls,but I am not that good yet,I also try granny squares but I have a little trouble with them,i am willing to learn if you have any directions please let me know,I too have chronic fatigue syndrome,and I had a nervous breakdown so my life is interesting also.
    I am a catholic but I also believe in Jesus and try to follow his word,I have no children ,but I have a cat who thinks she is a child write soon as i look forward to hearing from you
    Linda

5. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I make doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

My name is Barbara from NE Oklahoma. We are pleased to see you here in the forums and we look forward to learning more about you as well as your crochet adventures! Please make yourself right at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    Hi Lynne and Welcome to our wonderful group
    Thank you so much for the welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello and welcome!

My name is Barbara from NE Oklahoma. We are pleased to see you here in the forums and we look forward to learning more about you as well as your crochet adventures! Please make yourself right at home here!
    Hi Barbara, How are you doing today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by curlytop View Post
    Hi Lynn,
    My name is Linda and I also live in Missouri in Springfield, it is nice to hear from another Missourian who i can chat with.I love to crochet.Usually I do scarves,
    afghans,potholders,and blankets and I also try prayer shawls,but I am not that good yet,I also try granny squares but I have a little trouble with them,i am willing to learn if you have any directions please let me know,I too have chronic fatigue syndrome,and I had a nervous breakdown so my life is interesting also.
    I am a catholic but I also believe in Jesus and try to follow his word,I have no children ,but I have a cat who thinks she is a child write soon as i look forward to hearing from you
    Linda
    Hi Linda,

Springfield is about a 2 hour drive from Caulfield. We don't go there very often, except when I need some really nice yarn I head for the Hobby Lobby. I just found out that a Hobby Lobby is being built in Mountain Home, AR which is a 45 minute drive away. My husband goes there at least once a week and I can tag along if I need to.

I like doing granny squares, actually I like doing any kind of squares. I'm always on the lookout for interesting patterns.
    Yes, life is interesting with CFS and I know about nervous breakdowns. I had mine in 1994 or 1995, somewhere around there.

The blanket that I'm doing for Archer is the reversible/lattice pattern and it is taking forever to finish. There is a four row repeat and it takes about an hour to do those four rows. But the four rows only makes it 1 1/2" taller, so it's going to take awhile. It's time and labor intensive.

We have our 11th grandbaby due the end of September. When I married into this family we only had 3 grandbabies and wow, look at us now.

Have a blessed day.

Lynne

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Lynne, W/C 2 CT.. It's very nice 2 meet U. If U have any questions, pls. do not hesitate 2 ask. It would B my pleasure 2 assist U.. Congratulations on your 11th grandchild... That's a nice amount of them.. You are truly Blessed.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Lynne and Linda. Buffalo, MO here. Been crocheting for forty some years. Have done a little of a lot. Glad to see some on here from my area. Although I am fairlt new to this site, I am happy I found it.

13. Likes teresah liked this post