Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a candy theme throw pillow pattern

Hello All,
    Just had a request from my daughter in law for Christmas throw pillows that look like big Starlite mints. She does the candy theme for her decorating each year. How cute this would be.

I would appreciate any input you may have on this. I don't remember seeing anything like this. If anyone else has seen a pattern for something candy related for a throw pillow I would sure appreciate a point in the right direction.

One thought is to make two flat pieces in the pattern to look like the mint for the front and back, then make a small band for the sides and stitch them together and stuff. Or maybe find a pillow form to put it over.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi,

I have been looking and have not found anything, yet. I will keep my eye out for something similar to what you are needing. Maybe, with some of the members searching together we can find something for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Barbi, it sure would help me a lot. In the back of my mind I keep thinking I saw something on that line a few months ago, but I can't remember what website I saw it on. Just glad I don't have to have it before next Christmas.

My daughter in law is very talented at painting. She has her inside and outside both like a candy wonderland at Christmas. She keeps winning awards in the neighborhood, it's just magical there at holiday time. She makes a lot of her things, but she doesn't do any crochet or sewing of any kind.

Thanks again,
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbi,
    I guess what I am looking for is more of a circle with a swirl of color in it somewhat like the candy is. I'll just have to find some scrap yarn and work on it, I don't know if I will ever find that. Now if I could only find my graft paper....hmmmmm. The grandkids had it last. I am never going to see that again. hah
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you thought of using a quilt block pattern? Sew up a pinwheel block or windmill block and then make it into a pillow. Hope this works for you. Good luck. Deb

Moda Bake Shop: Pinwheel Baby Quilt
    http://www.how-to-quilt.com/patterns/flyingkite.pdf
    http://www.how-to-quilt.com/patterns/flutterwheel.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks quiltingdeb, I will check them out. I can use the patterns to convert to crochet, I don't quilt. I have until next Christmas thankfully.

I did see a little gingerbread house pot holder yesterday which would be easy to do, and it would work for her candy theme also.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi G,

I was just looking at candy pillows & ran across this pattern for sale but i think it would be exactly what you are looking for here is the link Crochet Peppermint Candy Pillow Pattern

here is one too for coasters that look like candy that you might also want to make or might be able to use a larger size hook & sew together to form a pillow Holiday Crochet Patterns, Free Holiday Crochet Patterns

& here is one for a crocheted gingerbread house you might also want to make for her lots of crochet patterns on this site Holiday Crochet Patterns, Free Holiday Crochet Patterns

and this site has smaller candy patterns that you might like to try to make for her as well if she's into the candy patterns they are cute http://freepatternsdonnascrochetdesi...index-pg3.html

I hope this helps some for your candy quest patterns Let me know if you are looking for anything else & I'll see what I can find for you. Your crochet friend Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Foreverlefty,

You are my new "Best Friend"......lol. the crochet peppermint Candy Pillow Pattern is perfect, just exactly what I have been looking for. I knew there should be a pattern some where but just hadn't come across it. I will have to get started on it very soon. I need to get a little more red yarn and then off I go on getting them made way before next Christmas. I'll have to check out the others you sent too. I got so tickled when I saw the first one. And I love the netting around it to look like the wrapper, what a cute idea. My daughter in law will just be tickled to death to get them.

I have seen one for a ginger bread house and thought I may have to do that one, which is nice, but she asked me for the peppermint candy one, so I was trying to find that first.

Thanks so very much!!!
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverlefty View Post
    Hi Judi G,

I was just looking at candy pillows & ran across this pattern for sale but i think it would be exactly what you are looking for here is the link Crochet Peppermint Candy Pillow Pattern

here is one too for coasters that look like candy that you might also want to make or might be able to use a larger size hook & sew together to form a pillow Holiday Crochet Patterns, Free Holiday Crochet Patterns

& here is one for a crocheted gingerbread house you might also want to make for her lots of crochet patterns on this site Holiday Crochet Patterns, Free Holiday Crochet Patterns

and this site has smaller candy patterns that you might like to try to make for her as well if she's into the candy patterns they are cute http://freepatternsdonnascrochetdesi...index-pg3.html

I hope this helps some for your candy quest patterns Let me know if you are looking for anything else & I'll see what I can find for you. Your crochet friend Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi G,

You are most welcome, I'm so glad I could help you find the pattern you were looking for, I hope you will keep me informed on your progress & what your daughter in law thinks of the completed pattern & of course I would love to see some pictures when you get them finished . If you are looking for any other patterns please e-mail me at foreverlefty@yahoo.com & I will do my best to find them for you. I am still on the look out for other patterns for you for the candy theme, so I'll let you know what I find (I try my best to find free ones). Have a great day & I hope you have alot of fun crocheting up these patterns. You can never get started to early I have found when it comes to making special Christmas gifts. Your crochet friend Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Again Patti-foreverlefty,

My email address is parrotfamadv@yahoo.com.......we use to raise parrots some years ago, but we are out of that now.

It is so nice of you to keep an eye out for me. I knew I had seen some sort of candy themed crochet way before the holiday but couldn't remember where it was. I think I will do a gingerbread house for her also. I already have that one worked out in my head, and to some extent the peppermint was also, I just needed to get a clear picture of the stitch count and now that I have that it won't take much to whip them up. I may do one in red and white and also one in green and white.

I see you are from Oregon, I grew up in Illinois, and now I am in daily contact with a neighbor I grew up with who lives in Eugene, Or.

I normally only use free patterns, now I can read the pictures of most patterns I see on the computer. I have found in the past that I normally bought a book of patterns to only use one of them and I just can't see doing that when there is so much out there to use. I like to customize my work too and change it up to be more original.

What are you working on these days? I have 7 lapghans that are ready to go to the nursing homes. I belong to two local knit/crochet groups and we donate often. I only turn in one thing at a time normally so I always have something to give even during the months when I haven't had a chance to make something.

Thanks again,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverlefty View Post
    Judi G,

You are most welcome, I'm so glad I could help you find the pattern you were looking for, I hope you will keep me informed on your progress & what your daughter in law thinks of the completed pattern & of course I would love to see some pictures when you get them finished . If you are looking for any other patterns please e-mail me at foreverlefty@yahoo.com & I will do my best to find them for you. I am still on the look out for other patterns for you for the candy theme, so I'll let you know what I find (I try my best to find free ones). Have a great day & I hope you have alot of fun crocheting up these patterns. You can never get started to early I have found when it comes to making special Christmas gifts. Your crochet friend Patti