Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for yarn for charity projects

Hi everyone! I am 15 years old, and my great grandmother taught me how to crochet about five years ago. I haven't crochet in a while, but I decided that I want to those in need because I would want someone to do the same for me. I have started making blankets, scarves, etc and plan to donate them to those who might need some extra warmth this winter. Since I am only 15, I do not have much money. I am currently looking for a job. I have limited supplies, but I really want to help others. If anyone has any yarn that they don't need, or know of some way I could get some free yarn that would be fantastic. Thank you for reading! <3

2. Likes amanda, momma3girls liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best thing to do is ask locally. WalMart offers application for those who are helping the community. They will often give several hundred dollars in donations. Also, please check with your local churches and local organizations to ask for donations. Normally, we do not do personal donation requests here in the forums. Please let us know if you need more assistance for ideas in your area.

4. Likes amanda, LittleRed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LittleRed, what part of the country are you in? I have some yarn I want to give away.
    Pam

6. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in New Hampshire

8. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Little red
    Let me check into some shipping costs. I'll get back to you.

10. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much

Post Thanks / Like

crochet yarn

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
    Hi everyone! I am 15 years old, and my great grandmother taught me how to crochet about five years ago. I haven't crochet in a while, but I decided that I want to those in need because I would want someone to do the same for me. I have started making blankets, scarves, etc and plan to donate them to those who might need some extra warmth this winter. Since I am only 15, I do not have much money. I am currently looking for a job. I have limited supplies, but I really want to help others. If anyone has any yarn that they don't need, or know of some way I could get some free yarn that would be fantastic. Thank you for reading! <3
    Hi little red,I also do charity work and something that worked for me was to contact local newspaper and have an article done asking o\for yarn and workers to help me,they came out did pictures and a nice artice and I got lots of response, try it ,good luck and keep up the good work, so many people love my things, toys for tots shriners hospitals,nursing homes etc, I do blankets, toys hats lots of thins .God Bless you and again good luck jean

13. Likes LittleRed liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Little Red, I will try this again AS IT SAID THE FIRST ONE DID NOT GO thru. I also do charity work and I got a lot of yarn and people to help me with my work by calling my local newspaper and they came out and done and article and pictures, it worked I got lots of free yarn and helpers.I think it is great you are doing this and best of luck to you.God Bless .I make toys, hats blankets for nursing homes, hospitals etc and love doing it .I know you will too.

15. Likes N/A, LittleRed liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Littlered , there is a website that is called freecycle.org.. it is set up to recycle items and keep useable items out of our landfills. you can ask an adult to post on it for you (you being 15) you either post what you have to offer or you can post a wanted item (yarn )... read the terms of use. Also in some areas they have an attached blog to chat to other members... they may have some ideas where you can donate made items (have you tried hospitals for baby blankets/hats ? or nursing homes for slippers etc ? I think it is GREAT that you are crocheting and donating.. wish more young ladies were so "civically conscience"
    Last edited by jekaskie@yahoo.com; 01-15-2014 at 09:42 PM.

17. Likes LittleRed liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Some place else you might talk to someone, When I moved into this town the Firemen gave donated toys and blankets to children that have been burned out of their homes and lost everything. They might also know where you could get the yarn.

19. Likes SweetARoma, N/A, Ginnie256, LittleRed liked this post