Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there everyone my name is Deborah I have been crocheting for awhile but still learning. I live in Texas with my DH we have 3 children and 5 furbabies, 4 dogs and 1 cat. I am a retired Navy wife of 24 years. Looking forward to meeting new people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Deborah! Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa. I have 6 birds
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Deborah Glad to meet you. I have a Hubby of 44 yrs , son and 2 Cats (18 months. ) How old are your Cuties besides your Hubby, hes a sweetie?? Join any time dear. HUGS Susan M J

hell I wrote thats all most funny I dont know how or why it was between Deborah & GLAD I erased it. SORRY I am having skipping & hic up problems online BUT ??????? Susan MJ
    Last edited by Susan2014; 12-01-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: wrong word whoops

Post Thanks / Like
    Deborah, My name is Margaret but everyone in Elgin Knows me as Mickie Scott. We lived there for 20 years till my daughters moved us down here to a senior community in New Braunsfel. I was in Elgin for Thanksgiving, George's sister lives there and we went up there for dinner. His brother Dennis lives out in Paige another brother and his family live in Pflugerville. George and his band played at a lot of the nursing homes in Elgin , Bastrop and Taylor. He sure misses that down here. If you get a chance on Tues evening ,go down to the Senior Center in Bastrop. They still play music and everyone there is so friendly. And a bunch of those people knit, crochet and quilt. 4 years ago, I had asked the social councler in the V A hospital in Temple if they would want afghans for the people in the nursing quarters on the 2 top floors. He said he would rather have hats. I said O>K> how many? he said Oh, 600 would cover it. This was on Nov the 15 . He wanted them for Christmas gifts . So I had a month to get them there. I went down to the center on game day and told the ladies what I needed. The ladies said they would call the ones that were not there. In a month I ended up with 569 hats. Some were Knitted, some were done on looms , some were crocheted. They all had to be washed and all of them had to be dried in a dryer. Those ladies put their hearts into making those hats. If you will get in touch on my email mar701@hotmail.com I'll get back with you. Next time you are out to Southside eat some sausage for me. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Deborah,

I'm Tina and just joined today also. I'm excited to be apart of thos group and I hope you are too!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here with us! We hope you will feel welcome and enjoy your stay here among this wonderful group of crochet friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. My name is AudreyL. You will meet alot of nice and friendly people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome trose we are glad you 2 have joined us. You will like us as were helpful, funny at times hehe and Love to see Pics of your projects. HUGS