Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Introduction - Barbi

Good evening,

I am really excited about CrochetTalk forums! I have crocheted in the past, but it has been a little while. I am by no means a veteran or professional to the trade.

When I take the time to crochet, it is very relaxing to me. I did pick up on simple crocheting techniques, much easier than I did with knitting. I am looking forward to refreshing my skills, as I am a little bit "rusty."

I love spending time with my children, and homeschool my three. I also volunteer for Girl Scouts and 4-H. I also like to learn new things, and spend a good amount of time on the computer each week.

I look forward to meeting each of you and brushing up on crocheting!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barbi and hello all that will read this thread...

I have just discovered this forum and find it great that the idea came to someone to provide a place where crocheters, beginners and experienced, can meet and share about their hobby or passion. No one really taught me crocheting, I taught myself with free online courses, years ago. I remember a time when I thought crochet patterns were a complete mystery and that I would learn to read hieroglyphs before I understand any of it! However, with some time and patience and a lot of determination, I can now read most patterns confidently...and transform them into pretty finished products.

I am a mum (first time mum) now so I don't have as much time to give to crocheting and my other hobbies as I would love to but I try to keep in touch with it. My last work was a square doily.

I live in the UK but also travel to visit family abroad.

OK, we'll talk soon I hope!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi! I'm not a professional too. hihi. The last major project that I did was last Christmas. I made two stoles for my mom and my grandma. But the steps and the design is like super easy. I kind of invented the pattern but initially and some parts of it was taken from another design. Right now, I have to inspire myself to finish my red beret project. Its a gift that was due last March. LOL. Yes I'm that slow.