PDA

View Full Version : God loves me

beverly_lefever@yahoo.com
02-21-2012, 06:08 PM
I am still looking for the blanket pattern that spells out god loves me and is made with single; double; popcorn(or cluster) stitch and has plain squares and ones with hearts on it and it is sewn together with a zig-zag stitch

Barbara G.
02-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Beverly,

Here is a picture of the blanket I found on the internet. The problem is that I have been unable to locate a pattern for it. Is this the one you were looking for? Maybe someone has seen it?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b130/mmsfive/HPIM3631.jpg

Barbara G.
02-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Hello,

I also found this one, but am searching for a pattern to go with the picture. This was a lion brand pattern, but unable to find the actual pattern.

http://www.lionbrand.com/stores/homemade/thumbs/ad-2653a.jpg

02-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Yes that is it. If anyone does have the pattern I would really appreciate getting a copy of it. I know it was in one of my hardbound books but I don't know which one and my book has come up missing. Thank you in advance,
Beverly

Barbara G.
02-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Hello Beverly,

Which one is the one you are interested in? the multi-colored one, or the white one?

02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
The one from Lion Brand was dated 2009(I think) and they had it as a free pattern but no longer have the pattern. The one from Lion Brand is actually the one I was looking for, but I could adapt the other one!

02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Either one, I can use my own colors for it!

Barbara G.
02-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Hello,

If anyone has an old Lion Brand newsletter which was sent which is labeled 31470, it should be in this newsletter. I am unsure of the date?? This will be for the white one.

02-21-2012, 10:27 PM
That would be great

Foreverlefty
02-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Hello Beverly & Barbara,

I have been looking all over for this pattern & haven't located it yet but I'm still working on it :). I hate to ask but are you sure its from the lion brand site newsletter? I have went through their archives & don't see it listed as of yet but again I am still looking, & are you sure it was that newsletter 31470? Could it be under a different name or title then God loves me blanket? Is there anything else you can remember about the pattern, if so please let me know. I located a lady at crochetville that posted pictures of her finished blanket she had made but that was back in 2006 & I haven't joined so I am unable to contact her as of yet. Here is the link God Loves Me Baby Afghan - Crochetville (http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25376) but she didn't post the pattern only a picture so I was hoping someone here might have joined crochetville & could maybe obtain a pattern from her. It's the best I could do so far but I will keep working on this as now it's become a challenge to me to find it for you lol. I hope my next post will be better news, until then I'm sorry not to have found the pattern you are looking for but the hunt continues. Your crochet friend Patti

Barbara G.
02-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Hello Beverly & Barbara,

I have been looking all over for this pattern & haven't located it yet but I'm still working on it :). I hate to ask but are you sure its from the lion brand site newsletter? I

Hello,

I found the picture on the search results for Bing. Under the picture, it showed a link which went back the Lion Brand. It was a cached internet link so I am not sure the info is available on their site anymore. I wondered if there were any members who have kept their newsletters from the past which were sent out to them. This was just an idea. Hopefully, someone will have it in their files or have some ideas on how to locate it.

02-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Hello Patti,

This is Beverly and I was the one asking for the pattern. The one I had was in a hardbound book and I had to flip through different pages for the letters. It might be called something else but I don't know. It was in the Lion Brand website as a free pattern but they discontinued it. This pattern I had joined the squares with a zig zag stitch. And it was crocheted together with a variegated yarn. Thanks for your help. And I would still like to find the pattern. Your crochet friend Beverly

Foreverlefty
02-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Hello again Beverly & Barbara,

Ok I still haven't found the pattern for the afghan but I have found something fairly close & I think you would be able to adapt the letters accordingly. I am still looking for the actual pattern you requested as its now to the point of driving me crazy to find it lol. This pattern I found is for an alphabet blanket but I think you could just use the letters you want to make it although I don't know about the zig zag part of crocheting the letters together. This pattern also has a graph for making the heart down more towards the bottom of the page. Beverly are you an advanced crocheter? Do you know how to read & make patterns from a graph? if not it also has a link for a tutorial that might help. I wish I was comming up with the original pattern you are looking for but so far no luck, I am sooo sorry. I hope maybe this might work in place of what you are looking for at least until we can locate someone who does have the pattern. Here is the link & please let me know what you think. Baby's ABC's Baby Afghan Crochet Pattern - Free Crochet Pattern Courtesy of Crochetnmore.com - Reposted with permission from Caron International (http://www.crochetnmore.com/babysabcsafghan.htm) Hope your having a good week. Your crochet friend Patti

02-23-2012, 07:16 PM
I did see that one-but unfortunately I still want the other pattern. Yes this pattern will work and I do know how to use a graph somewhat. I do appreciate the help and maybe there is still someone out there who can find the pattern. Thanks, Beverly

armybrat
04-13-2012, 04:30 PM
I found the newsletter but it doesn't have instructions for the pattern.
Lion Brand Yarn Newsletter Archive: (http://cache.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/newsletters.cgi?store=%2Fstores%2Flionbrand&language=&search=1&searchText=God+Loves+Me&submit.x=41&submit.y=6)

04-14-2012, 02:28 PM
dear barbara,
This is the pattern I am looking for and Lion Brand had it for free-but from what they tell me they discintinued the pattern.

04-14-2012, 06:29 PM
This pattern will work. Is there any way I can get it?

Shaddy
04-28-2012, 02:17 PM
I have this pattern, in fact it comes from Crochet World magazine, and is the white version. If anyone wants to contact me, as I am new, and unsure how to go about sharing patterns, I am willing to send it to anyone that wants it.

shaddy2240@yahoo.com

put god loves me ghan in the subject line please?

04-28-2012, 02:52 PM
I would love to have the pattern as mine is lost. Tell me how i can get it. If you need my address i will be glad to give it to you.

Shaddy
04-28-2012, 03:16 PM
I would love to have the pattern as mine is lost. Tell me how i can get it. If you need my address i will be glad to give it to you.

Email me at my address that I quoted in the previous post please?

shaddy2240@yahoo.com

KathyFuller
05-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I found this picture of a pattern from Annie's Attic in a google search, but it says the pattern is unavailable at Amazon. I don't know if Annie's Attic would have it somewhere???

Customer Image Gallery for Tree of Life Afghan - Crochet Pattern - #8B046 - Annie's Attic (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00128NYQQ)

Uh oh....I may have posted this in the wrong spot and I can't figure out how to delete it. If it's in the wrong place, I'm so sorry. :/